does topa really work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does topa really work?

hey guys. i posted earlier about myself, but im now posting about my uncle. he is 40 years old, been living with my grandparents forever. they've tried to get him help with alcohol it hasnt worked, and he doesnt make an effort. i havent known the details bc they keep quiet about it. however , they recently kicked him out of their house with "tough love". basically saying that if he doesnt go into rehab, he cannot live there. so my mother, his siter, took him in to our house. its annoying and i hate seeing him. it secretly reminds me of what i could become if i dont do something about my own alcohol issues. he caddys as a his job. so he drinks from the minute he wakes, to the minute he sleeps. everyday. when hes doing bad, he drinks all night, and lays on the couch all day. wakes up to maybe go to the abathroom, and also drinks when he awakes, and then goes back to sleep. its really really sick to watch. hes not educated either. my grandmother told me that in highschool they labeled him as " emotionally disturbed". hes not mentally retarted, or slow, but he acts very immature, and would never know how to use the internet or anyting. he also lost his license for getting 3 dwi's, so only rides a bike around. its very sad. ok well, i got the guts to talk to him a little bit about my alcohol problems, hoping that he would see me as someone who was not trying to criticize his alcohol problelms, but someone on a similar page. he doesnt KNOW about topomax, and other optinos he could have, because as i said, hes not educated, my grandparents do not know, and he doesnt know how to use the internet. sooo, ok i basicalloy said "hey theres this med called topomax and briefly explained this website and so on. he agreed hed love to take the topomax and try it out. he doesnt and isnt ready to STOP yet though. i was curious. if he wants to moderate it, drink less, but isntready t ostop, will the topomax help that? i know the author "my way out" was helped by it greatly. but will he just have much less of a craving to "keep drinking alll night", or the amount, or at all? for those of you who have taken it, or heard about it, is it this good?

does topa really work?

Yes the topamax should definitely help, but he also has to have some willpower as well. It's not a magic bullet but it will decrease the cravings. It will also make him very tired and dopey in the beginning. I had to stop taking it because of a weird eye side effect but there are a lot of people on the site that take it, not only for moderation, but for abstaining. Gabby has been AF for over a year and said topa saved her. I believe she is still taking it. Java also quit drinking on it and has since stopped taking it and she is fine without it and is still not drinking.
    Good luck with your uncle he sounds like he is in very bad shape. :h
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Working...
    X