Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLOM

Poor Little Old Me!

That's how I feel now. Things were looking up and now i'm as sick as a dog and feel very down about life. It's been a bit chilly at night and I walk home. Now I seem to have bronchitis! I haven't even started making any money at work and i had to phone in sick on saturday and sunday (the COMPULSORY days which are the busiest) My cought is like a barking dog and my body feels like hell. Have to go in today or i may not have job at all! I'm in tears and just feel like i'm not winning!:upset: 2 weeks til rent and no cash again!

I binged on friday night because I got home to a drunk gf when i was looking forward to getting home to a sober one to discuss the meds she got (Zyban). I have decided not to take it because from what i read it's only for stopping smoking (which i don't). we had a huge fight and again left the house and went wild. had fun but probably didn't help with the already looming sickness.

My life feels like a see saw.

3 days sober again though.
    Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
    Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

PLOM

Hiya,

the first to realise is, trying to stop drinking is not easy. It is not an easy ride. The only thing I can say is first, look after yourself, get well, get the medication you need for the bronchitis and cure that.
    Secondly, take it easy on yourself, don't beat youself up, just dust yourself off and get up and start again - which you have, 3 days sober again-fantastic.

Your girlfriend is trying too, she also had a relapse - this is allowed, because both of you are struggling it appears like major problems, just imagine them as minor, it's ok, it will be all right, deep breath and start again.

Money is a problem to us all, I have been there too, but the money for the rent will come believe, I am sending you positive vibes regards that.

I am really glad you have come here, I cannot remember if your girlfriend knows about this site, could you show her the support you are getting here ?? She may need it too??
    I understand if you want to keep this private from her though?
    Feel free to pm me if you need support.

Diamond x
    I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
    I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

PLOM

Hey Delight -

Just to say I am thinking of you...I really hope you are feeling a bit better. Bash on - it'll be easier when you feel better. This too shall pass.....

Feet x :l
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

PLOM

Hello fellow South 'African...

I can just imagine how you are feeling, weather is changing and everyone is getting sick and feeling low, also not earning enough yet is enough to make matters worse.... just hang in there it will definitely get better and the sun will definitely shine tomorrow again... try and change your thought process and give yourself the space to feel what you feel right now.... try not to go on a binge again as this only results in worse guilt and you are not allowing yourself to get better... hang in there your going to be ok!!!

Comment

PLOM

Sorry to hear about all your problems. Seems so unfair, when you have been working at it so hard. But I have to say that 3 days sober already-- you have really picked yourself up and brushed yourself off, so to speak. I'm impressed. I hope things get better and better. Chin up!
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

PLOM

Deilight, there`s a little acorn in all of this, and that`s those 3 sober days you`ve got.
            Hang onto those and build on them.
            We`ve all got problems in life and it`s the easiest thing in the world to seek solace in the booze when "the chips are down", but what you have to realize and hold onto, is the fact that booze can only worsen your situation........booze has no magic wand to get you out of a hole and can only damage your poor health further. We gotta get ourselves outta the hole.
            Getting sober gives you the clear head to address your problems head on. Crikey, I`ve loads at the moment, and one in particular that looks very much like a no-win situation for me, but I will not drink, as drinking cannot produce "an answer".
            It`s our responsibility to make the best of any given situation, not always easy, but then.............life seldom is.

Wishing you love and strength.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

PLOM

(((De))

Hon, I'm so sorry you feeling punk. Think can only get better, eh? Great job on 3 days AF, I'm only on 2 days myself. Like my Icon implies, Hang in there Hon!:l

Comment

PLOM

Yes Deilight, Starlight Impress is right. Drinking will not solve your problems and will not allow a clear head to do so.

That damned flu must have made it around the other side of the world. Just had it a few weeks ago. Try to rest, drink lots of lemon & honey and take Vitamin C tablets. And try and eat something when you can, your body needs the energy to recover.
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

PLOM

Thanks guys!

Being sick always makes me depressed. I'm off to work now, I have to go, it's too easy to get fired in this industry in this country and I still haven't started "work" yet-still "free training".

I'm feeling confident around the drinking thing-have also been off smoking pot now for 1 day. I realised THAT wasn't helping the depression.

Diamond, you rock! Hee hee, that's a pun (not intended)
                  Starlight- keep shining, you are so helpful.
                  FMF- thanks!
                  Beatle-thank you for empathising. It isn;t fair, I thought I was to be rewarded for my efforts and instead I feel punished.

Skye650- yay! at last! Someone from my country. (not that I don't appreciate the rest of you) sometimes it's nice to hear from someone who can relate to certain things others can't.

I'm off to work now, at least i've got the car tonight so I don't walk in the cold air and make my chest worse.

Thank you again guys, sometimes I don't know what i would do without you my cyber friends!

Comment

PLOM

Thanks Hart and Change.

Hey hart, well done. Let's do this!!
                    And change. I read you were having some probs with the filter between the brain and the mouth! Hope it works out.

xx

Comment

PLOM

Glad to 'hear' you are sounding a bit better despite work...yuk

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

PLOM

I made a little money last night. They let me serve tables but I only did 2 because I felt so crap.

Had big trouble sleeping first night with no weed at all! the dreams were just too much! They say marijuana takes away your dreams but i used to dream even when I smoked but last night was off the wall!

I MIGHT have an interview for a "real' job if they like my CV (which is kinda touch and go), hold thumbs for me guys, I don't see myself in this restaurant thing too long!

Comment

PLOM

Deilight,

I hope you take extra Vitamin C. Pot and drinking robs your body of it, double whammy there.

What is a CV? Good luck with it, whatever it is.

Take care of yourself and get well.

Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

PLOM

C.V. are the initials English speakers use meaning a resume

C.V. = Curriculum Vitae (Latin)

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

PLOM

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
                              X