EVERYBODY`S SOMEBODY`S FOOL.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I`ve learned a great deal since stumbling upon M.W.O. and getting to know you all, and have learned even more since going AF, 23 days ago.

Perhaps, most life-changing shall be the fact that I`ve finally learned my personal "why" in all of this.
    I now know why I spiralled down into a life of alcohol abuse.......very simple, actually...........the alcohol temporarily soothed all the dashed hopes and dreams of my youth.

I am not about to wallow in self-pity.......futile exercise, if ever there was one.
    I am about to tell you about what happened to me, or rather, what I allowed to happen to me. Perhaps, this is also what happened to some of you.

My life evolved in such a way, that I became nothing more than an "appendage" to all those dear to me, past and present.
    I have been "somebody`s daughter", "somebody`s sister", "somebody`s mother", "somebody`s lover", "somebody`s partner", "somebody`s friend", "somebody`s advisor", "somebody`s confidante". Indeed, I have always been called upon to be "somebody`s rock".........
    Sad part is, that throughout all of this, I somehow failed to notice that........

I WAS, AND AM "SOMEBODY" TOO.......

My life to date, has turned out very differently to how I imagined it would..........I had such great aspirations..........very little of which I have accomplished...........life simply became too demanding........all the "somebodies" became too demanding.........

I don`t regret being there for most of the "somebodies".........I was there for them out of love, duty, compassion.........because I wanted to be there for them, really.

I only regret being there for those for whom I was blind enough to allow myself to be "somebody`s fool".

I shudder to think just how I`ve allowed myself to be drunk for 14 out of the last 24 yrs. No point in dwelling on that though, is there?........."No use crying over spilt milk", they say.........so very true.

Am 42 now, and thankfully sober, and as such, I very much look forward to indulging in all that makes this "SOMEBODY" tick..........

Love to all,

Starlight Impress x

Very well written Starlight and I can SO relate to what you have said. BRAVO!

Comment

Good for you STAR!!!!
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

You really are an awesonely terrific lady!
        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Starlight, what a powerful story. :l
          Marcie

Comment

Starlight,

Very nice.

I can't wait to see how your future unfolds with you doing what you really want. It will be fun.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Starlight - what a perfect name for YOU.

What a lovely piece of writing - you are an amazing YOU.

Now is your turn - our turn!!! I so relate to what you say...even if somewhere I (bizarrely!) actually want to be 'somebody's wife'!!!! (Beats being 'somebody's mistress' or 'somebody's-whatever-I-as-with-David'!!!!) But the rest - yes, this Mum can actually do things (including many of the things my kids do) if only people could see/know it!

I jest in a no-laughing-matter place...thank you for writing that. It's an honour to read it.
              Is this to do with the 'plans' you are hatching that you mentioned in the last couple of days?? Let us know when you want to!

You've said some wonderful things to me and helped me so much - 'everybody's rock' is a hefty 'responsibility' - please don't take it on as such...we don't need you to be anything other than YOU - Starlight who says lovely things..and doesn't if she darned well doesn't want to today!!!

Hey, what you going to do???? New things? Take up things you let go??? Good on you girl!

Big Hug YOU

Feet x
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Starlight

I only know you through MWO and I never think of you and anybody's anything. I know as your sweet, smart, sassy, funny, wonderful YOU!!!! I wouldn't have you any other way. You go girl! You are YOU. And we love YOU. :h
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Good on you Starlight Impress! And congrats on your AF days! Bella xxxx

Comment

Oh Honey,

I love your posts and threads, you teach me so much, don't stop posting

Love
                    Diamond xx
                    I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                    I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

hey starlioht,I'm sorry to say but Your my rock!I think Your always there cause thats who You are.Since I started here I always wondered what your story was.I think Your a great person,(a natural rock lol) Keep up the great work,but don't let it get in the way of your life. YOU are #1 in your life,just keep that in mind. love you

Comment

Star, you are a damn good SOMEBODY!!!! Kepp up the AF days! I know each day I feel stronger and better about myself, prouder of who I am becoming. We will always have that little monster lurky behind us, but I think if we continue to lean on one another we can do this!

Comment

Wonderful Starlight, and what an inspiration are your words to me. To discover the 'somebody' right here inside... I can't wait!
                          Thank you thank you thank you thank you.......
                          Hugs,
                          imatree

Comment

Starlight, as always you bring me to a better place in myself !!
                            Thank you so much for being YOU !!!!
                            congrats on all the days
                            Thinking of you
                            Bob

Comment

Great post Starlight and it is good that we look at being someone to ourselves instead of everyone else's someone once in awhile. Thank you and congrats on your AF days!!
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X