Job Inteview - overwhelmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't talk well and explain things as well as I wanted even though I had reviewed most of the things that the recruiter told me too, not much of it was even asked or talked about during the interview. I was just down by hubby crying about it. What a let down.
    Marcie

Comment

Marcie,
      I know your gut is usually right, but it was a phone interview so it's hard to know. I've gotten jobs before when I thought I bombed on the interview, and also didn't get jobs when I thought I nailed the interview. They have to go through the recruiter, that's how it works. Hopefully you'll hear from the recruiter with good news!!! Good luck hon. And if it didn't work out, then you and I are in the same boat and we'll just keep on plugging. :h
      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

I'm so upset.
        Marcie

Comment

Hang in there Marcie. Like everything else in life this, too, is a learning experience. I am predicting you are being too hard on yourself at the moment. You haven't been turned down for the job, so keep those fingers crossed and try to be patient.

Comment

Why don't you take Casey out for a brisk walk? It will clear your head, relieve some anxiety and will do wonders of good for the both of you.

Comment

Marcie-I'm sure you did great. You're probably over analyzing. I do that all the time-and those are just typical conversations I have with other people. I'm sure they keep in mind that it was a phone interview.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Now relax-it's over, I'm sure you did fine.
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Thanks Breez and good idea AFM, if there wasn't a Packer game soon and lot's of traffic around I would. Hubby's making ribs for dinner so I'll eat soon and then watch the game and try to stay away from drinking excessive amounts. I did have a glass of wine after the interview though.
                Marcie

Comment

Sending you a big hug, Marcie.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Marcie, it went shitty cuz something better is right around the corner and thats the RIGHT job and you need to be available for it.

Don't worry. You'll see!
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Hug Marcie - Hope you enoyed the ribs and the game---glad your hubby's there for you. xx
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Marcie if you didn't get it, then Gabby is right, it's because you need to be freed up for the RIGHT job. Just like me. I wish we all lived in the same place, there are too may smart brains here, we need to start our own company.
                        Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Hey Happy, my son wants to know why "that guy is naked" on your avatar???? HA HA HA

I agree...the right job is right around the corner...take this as a practice round.

Comment

I echo that !!! Sending you a hug,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Marcie

I don't think we can ever objectively analyze our own performance. We always think we do much worse than we actually do. Watch the game, relax with hubby, and know you did all you could and you are still a damn good programmer. Just wait and see what happens.

Many hugs to you, my friend. :l
                              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I feel sick. I so much wanted this to be my "ticket". I guess I officially have to get the kiss off email. I've been drinking since the interview and making myself sick. All I can say is this is the end. The end my demented feelings that I should drink to feel better. I've had enough and I need to focus on becoming more adept at the skills I wish I had.
                                Marcie

Comment

Working...
                                X