Attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attitude

"The most important thing in life is to stop saying 'I wish' and start saying 'I will.' Consider nothing impossible, then treat possibilities as probabilities."

David Copperfield
    Magician
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Attitude

Hey D,
    That I think is the difference for me now. I always said "I'll try" or "I'll see if I can" or "Mabey I can" but now,That is all gone!!
    Now "I KNOW I can" and "I know I WILL" !!!!!
    The calirity is such a beautiful thing !!!!!!!!

Love and Respects to all my MWO family
    thank you so much !!!!

Bob

Comment

Attitude

I agree - I have said "maybe" or "I'd like to try ..." far too many times. Now that I am almost at 50 days, things are so much clearer.

Last summer was my first time attempting to do AF in a long time. I made it 60 days, then went for moderation (not so successfully). I had not made a commitment. Now, a year later I see that AF is not about deprivation - it is about doing something really wonderful for myself and is paving the way for so many possibilities.

How glad I am that I am AF right now, especially with the job uncertainty!! Even not being sure about my job is not shaking me this time regarding AF!

Hugs,
      Pansy (thanks for great quote D)

Comment

Attitude

It is all about attitude. Great quote D!
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Attitude

My family is so sick of me saying "Don't say I'll try, say I will." Now if I could only follow my own advice more often!!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Attitude

I agree D, it's time to get busy living or get busy dying. I know which one I choose.
            If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Attitude

That sort of thinking got me riding a motorbike 18 months ago!
              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Attitude

There you go. Thats it.

I think it was that Star Wars movie where Luke said to Yoda, "I'll try".

Yoda replied, "TRY? There is no try. There is only DO or DO NOT"

Neil

Comment

Attitude

Another step forward for me has been to move from "I will.." to "I DO.." - to speak in the present tense...
                  "I will..." still puts it out there in the future. "I do" or "I am" brings it to the present moment.
                  Hugs,
                  imatree

Comment

Attitude

One quote I have on my desk at work is "Attitude is the only disability"
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Attitude

Every time I read a post where someone says "I will try, I might, I think I can"...you KNOW, they won't make it! You know how I know...because I said it a MILLION TIMES. I have cravings so bad some days and the ONLY reason I dont cave in is because I say to myself and OUTLOUD.."I WON'T DRINK" I am not going to drink today....I am not giving in to this anymore. I am not going to let this beast get me anymore. I am going to win, I have to win. I can't disappointment myself, my children, or my Mom anymore. I have to do this. The past couple of days I have had TERRIBLE cravings...not sure why, but it has been REAL bad, but I refuse to give in to it. Get pissed!!! Get pissed at the alcohol not at yourself. Get mad at what you become when you drink it. AND love who you are sobber because we are all good people and we deserve to change and show our loved ones that we are good people. It has been so long for some of them, they may have forgotten. Get pissed and show them who you are sobber!

Comment

Attitude

Oooooh baby! You all just said it all. And so beautifully. I love you guys.
                        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Attitude

Luvu, that was awesome! :h
                          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Attitude

LUVUALL,
                            You are so right.
                            I never had any reason to drink at all..........I only had an infinite number of excuses.
                            I can still find those excuses to drink every day.........but, I vehemently refuse to drink.

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Attitude

Hi xtexan,

That is exactly why that is my signature ..see below..
                              Riker
                              Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Working...
                              X