Regrets? or life lessons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Well said Kitty!!!

No, I don`t have regrets as such........when I look back, I realize that everything I had earlier planned to do with my life, but have not achieved has indeed been a "life lesson", and now that I`m sober, I can once again aspire to some of my earlier plans.

Totally agree that we have so very much to be thankful for, as whilst we cry out for our next drink, so many people truly do not know when they will next eat..........even people in our own cities.......sad.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

An excellent way to look at life Kitty. Life lessons instead of regrets. I like that.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi Starlight,

Yes it's terrible that people in the developed world too can suffer such hardships. I used to feel guilty about my drinking because of the hardship people face, but It doesn't do us or them any good does it. Best we can do is "the best we can do".

Good luck with your aspirations. I have plans for my life, maybe they will never come into fruition but I have to keep hoping!!

Kitty
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
        Confucius

Comment

Dreams can be big and dreams can be "small." Who is to judge by size alone? They are all important. Isn't it important to come here and hold someone by the hand (OK cyberhand) and show support and maybe even save a soul or two. You two have both done that. Maybe big dreams are a whole lot of itty bitty dreams that we hardly even notice.
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I guess some of my regrets are that i wasn't intelligent enough to know when i was making mistakes or letting bad influences into my life. Another regret is that i let fear stand in the way of achieving my full potential.

*Sigh*. I am dealing with the fear bit now.
            One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

The things that I did before I realized the problem I consider Life Lessons. But now that I know I shouldn't be doing these things (drinking to the point of black out) I do call them regrets. I just don't know how to control them yet. But I do get relief knowing that before I knew what I know now, I was learning.
              Here we go again.

AL FREE since Saturday the 14th of March 2009

Comment

Regrets....
                Have many. I can remmeber when my father use to tell me to eat all my food because thier were people less fortunate than you that went hungry every night. My wise ass answer to him was....then give him these left overs..they can have 'em. The supidity of youth ! My father grew up quite poor. He knew how bad things could get. Just one of my stupid mistakes in life. I quess I was smart enough to make a carrear for myself. Anyway I can ramble on about all the bonehead things I've done. But I know that finding this place was a saving grace for me. Thanks, everyone. IAD:thanks:
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

I regret that I have to be here in the first place, yet I am thankful to have found such a welcoming helpful site to help deal with my alcohol problems
                  Marcie

Comment

That Garth Brooks song comes to mind.

"Sometimes I thank God,
                    For un-answered prayers..."
                    Just remember when your talkin' to the man upstairs,
                    Even tho he may not answer
                    doesn't mean he don't care...

Some of God's greatest gifts
                    are un-answered prayers...:h

:l

I wouldn't be here now without em...
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

hmmm. very thought-provoking... in a good way, mostly, but can bring some bitterness up too.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

All such good thoughts..thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X