Update on Kerrie's operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, for the newer people here I will start at the beginning ....

My daughter Kerrie is 10, and has epilepsy.

She was born by emergency c-section and suffered a bleed in her brain at birth, at 3 days old she had her first seizure and we were told that she might not walk, talk, etc. etc . but as most of you are aware she has developed perfectly.

Over the years the seizures worsened many of them needing emergency medication and sometimes an ambulance. They hit their worst last year when she was having 2-3 every week. The consultant we see referred us to a Neurologist, and then a neurosurgoen last january who did an MRI scan and decided that they could operate and remove the scar tissue in her brain that was triggering the seizures (strangely enough at this time I turned to the bottle). They operated last august which was very scary, and she had no seizures for 9 weeks then they started again but only 1 every 3-4 weeks so we were quite happy, however the Neurosurgeon said that he is still hopefull of a total cure and want to operate again.

The appointment for the MRI scan to determine whether or not they can operate is next Friday, and as she had 3 grand mal seizures last night we are hopeful.

Here are some pics so you know what she looks like

2 hours after the op last year

Dressed up for a wedding this year.

Love & Hugs all, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

BB,
    We are sending magic fairy dust your way.
    Dx
    * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Betty,

Your daughter is so beautiful, and my prayers are with your family. Life is so unfair when our children have to suffer.

If you would like to see my grand daughter, Hannah, a website named Malia's Cord Foundation is available. In Malia's friends, Hannah is there with a cute picture. She is Hannah Decker, from Paola, Kansas.

My Love and prayers,

Janice

Comment

Betty, as always will be thinking of you and your little angel.
        Love
        Mar

Comment

That's great news... a total cure. Keep us updated.

Thanx for the fotos but they are so small it is hard to see her. How about just one big one?
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

She is beautiful Betty. Our thoughts and prayers are with you . Stay strong, now is not the time for you to get weak and you know The Beast is ruthless and will use times like this to pounce. All our love, Don

Comment

Yes-- about the darned cutest kid I ever have seen. Goodness is just oozing out of her.

Be strong for her Kali. Keep looking at that picture.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

ok, I was talking about Kali's gd, Hannah in the last post, and Bettys daughter in the first post, just to clear that up.

Comment

She DOES look like a little Angel. BB, sorry your goin through this I know its the hardest when its your little babies. Thinkin of you so much. Prayin too.

lottsa hugs from over here.....
                  Gabby :flower:

Comment

Betty and Kali: Both of the children are so sweet and cute as buttons. I hope nothing but the best for each of them.

Comment

Ohhh Betty, she is just as sweet as a daisy !! Thank-you for the update, the pictures and all your thoughts.
                      When you need us, we will be there for you.
                      We do not sleep. There will always be someone on here waiting to help you should you ever need us.. As this tough time approaches know that we are all sending up prayers for a successful operation that will change Kerries whole wonderful future !

Sometimes things get VERY tough before they become all that they can be... I will be thinking of you and your family Hon and sending you possitive vibes.. Open your arms and grasp them.... Hugs to you and your family,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Betty,

She is beautiful. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Thank you for sharing.

Michaela
                        :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                        AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

prayers for kerrie, malia and all children

pls keep us posted

xo

Comment

BB, I am a testiment to the wonders of new medicine. She will be symptom free. Or at least not have grand mals! And she sure is a little cutie. Boy I knew from the gallery u married a tall guy but seeing ur daughter next to him it REALLY brings it home!:l

Comment

Very Beautiful!
                              Thanks for sharing and wish Kerrie a successful recovery!
                              xxoo

Comment

Working...
                              X