My mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom

I just found out Mom is in the hospital this afternoon. She had blood clots in her lungs a month ago and was in the hospital for a while. Well today I couldn't get a hold of her and called my sister and she told me she found mom on the floor of her house yesterday and couldn't get her up, she was awake, but Wendy is 8 months pregnant and couldn't get mom up. So she called 911.

Mom was so out of it when I talked to her at the hospital this afternoon, said the last thing she remembered was getting dressed because Wendy is having her baby. Sigh. I am so far away, across the country from her. She lives in Florida while I'm in Wisconsin. I have a flight schedule in November that I made last month. I hope she's ok and I can wait that long to visit. Dad was out of town for work so who knows how long she was laying on the floor for could be an entire day. I'm so scared for my mom.
    Marcie

My mom

Ooh my dear Memarcie

This has been a rough week for you. I hope so much your Mom is OK and will get through this just fine. Sometimes older people just have dizzy spells and black out for a little while. How is her blood pressure?

I'm sending all my hugs and wishes your way...........
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

My mom

So sorry to hear about your mum taking sick like that Marcie........hope she feels better soon.
      I know it must be hard to live a distance away, especially when something like this happens.

Thinking of you both,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

My mom

Any chance of finding the money and just going?
        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

My mom

Thought about it Flip and I can come up with the money, but just waiting to hear from Dad. It may not be a good time to come since she's in the hospital anyway. I'll see.

Mags - She's on blood thinners because of her blood clots, so it may have something to do with that.

Starlight, thanks for your thoughts.

I'm glad she at the hospital and getting medical attention, i just wish I knew why.
          Marcie

Comment

My mom

Sometimes its more about you needing to be there, than her needing you.

Comment

My mom

Wow Marcie you really have had a lousy week- when will you hear from dad?
              How did she get blood clots in her lungs- just curious I've never heard of that before. I could definitely see a blood thinner making someone faint though.

Hang in there hon. Maybe it would be a good time to visit, Nov is kinda far away. And you could see your preggers sis too! :h
              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

My mom

Patty - she had knee surgery last year and they think the clots were in her legs, DVT they call it, and they moved up into her lungs. They can cause instant death, so she was lucky they didn't kill her. I'm sure it has something to do with the blood thinners, but they haven't said anything yet.

I should hear from Dad when he gets home from the hospital tonight. I just tried to call him at home and he's not there yet. Flights over the weekend are pretty cheap, even last minute, but I need to talk to him first and see if I should come or wait.
                Marcie

Comment

My mom

Thinking of you Marcie. You have had one trying week so far! Lots of hugs for you.

Comment

My mom

Oh deep vein thrombosis, wow M ,yes that is very scary! She is sooo lucky that is how David Bloom from NBC died in Iraq! I am sure she'll be ok. How old is she?
                    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

My mom

She is 62, so pretty darn young for an old person, LOL. So you've heard of DVT and you know how serious it is. That was the end of July she was in the hospital for that. Her doc thought she had pneumonia cuz she was having trouble breathing, 2 weeks of antibiotics didn't help and they did a CT scan I think and found the clots.

I was shocked to see that I can leave tomorrow on a flight for less than 300 or even Labor day weekend for only 400. I thought it would be 1000, I'll wait to talk to dad tonight before I decide to go down there.
                      Marcie

Comment

My mom

Memarcie,
                        Your mom will be in my prayers!!! I am sure she is in good hands now in the hosptial. Sounds like she had a pulmonary embolism. Stay strong, I know how scarey it is when your Mom is ill. HUGS!!!!

Comment

My mom

Just read your post...that is a good price on a flight....best wishes to you.

Comment

My mom

Just to ease your worry a little - My mum had a clot in her lung from surgery on a stomach tumor this time last year - the blood thinners took about 6 weeks to work, but all's good now.

Comment

My mom

Thanks Flip

:h
                              Marcie

Comment

Working...
                              X