In Need of A Kick Up the A@*e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluebell, you will succeed, everyone has setbacks. Just yesterday My husband and I went to the horse track to watch the races. I so wanted just to drink wine all afternoon. I didn't had pellergrino instead. Did have my glass and a half of wine durning the nightime hours. We are not perfect. If we were, we wouldn't be here would we? You are a wonderful valuable person. I kind of envy the little sing-a long in the gardern. All of life should be enjoyed. So love your self, enjoy your little garden oasis and as lucky said get with the program
    Love You
    Mar

Comment

Bluebell, even though you nearly killed me by suffocation a few weeks ago I still think that you are a nice person ....... a good person .......

I know exactly how you feel, you feel bad enough yourself without anyone else nagging you ........

Luv ya, BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Bluebell,
        I think you kicked yourself in the butt enough!!! No one else needs to do it for you!!!

Comment

Bluebell, don't be too hard on yourelf, but, here is a tip, I have used this from time to time and find it works.. STOP thinking of a bottle of wine as a reward or a pleasure or something you deserve.. Instead, give it a personality and a face, think of it as human, with human characteristics.. If alcohol was a human, you wouldn't let him into your house, because he is the most devious, poisonous, lying, cheating and dangerous person you could meet.. He'll promise you everything and take all you have, he is one person you don't need in your life..

Love, Louise xxx
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Irishlady,
            Where do you get your wisdom from?
            Ok, now I am going to look at alcohol as the Grim Reaper and not ever let it in my house.

I don't think I would let your Kitty in my house either! lol

Thanks for all your wisdom ~ Happier

Comment

Louise, that was scary but good. I will try to keep that in my head whenever I feel it's time to "relax" with a bottle of wine. In fact, I am going to write it down and put it alongside my feelings of having a hangover and keep them both in the wine glass cupboard.

Today, is a new day.

I feel empowered, fresh and ready to get on with life again. Not drag myself through it as I did yesterday. I plan to be AF for the rest of the week and then go back to my 2/3 glasses every second night. Some of you may think that's a recipe for disaster, well, I know me and I know if it was just a sharp cut off..... I would panic and binge. This thing is not going to be beaten overnight.

BB I am so sorry for trying to suffocate you. Beaches made me do it. And, thank you.

Lucky, I am sorry I have been trying to catch you and Peking you. Lushy made me do that.

LuvU, thanks, it is so great to have you all.

Thanks Happier. I'm over the wanting to get kicked in the butt. Yesterday I thought that's what I needed but, clear headed me today realises that there is no point in being kicked while your down anyway.

Simey, you are right. It is just simple little changes like having nice water/soft drink available instead of wine and getting into that habit. I will get there. And, by the way, you wouldn't be envious of the sing-song if you heard me sing. Even though I am convinced I could be Darren Hayes backing vocalist, no worries.

Thank you all :l

Comment

Bluebell,
                I'm also in Australia and I relate well to "the sun is shining, how luxurious it would be to sit with a drink and enjoy it" ...

It's very easy to get idealising scripts happening around drinking, and as Nancy said, bringing awareness to these kinds of behaviours is what it's all about ...

Don't beat yourself up too much. Trust the process.

Kyna
                Kyna

Comment

Blue I just read this. I am so sorry you are feeling down. I know how the drinks can get out of control before you know it and that awful feeling in the wee hours of the morning. Before really taking a look at where I was and seriously moderating I was there. Either you go AF or figure out the moderation plan that works for you and stick to it,, easier said than done, I know.
                  I am sending you hugs and heart felt kindness today and hope that tomorrow will look better!! I am only a PM away.
                  xo
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

And that, my friend, is the beauty of this site. :l

Comment

Kyna.....yes, living in Oz in the Spring and Summer is like being on one constant holiday. We have a lot to be grateful for. It is just a case of getting our act together and being more in control . Thanks for your input and welcome!

Comment

Working...
                      X