Hi :new:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started drinking about 5-6 years ago. :sofa: I am 45 years old, nice to find this spot
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Welcome My Heart, Glad to have you hear - there's a lot of 40 something women on here - in fact I'd go so far in saying we dominate the place a little! (just kidding!).

Are you going to do the program, or just hang out with us for a while?
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Yes Flipper - there are a lot of us in the 40+ age group here.

Welcome Myheart and very pleased to meet you. Hope you get all you need from this site.

Comment

Hi Aussies ; )

:thanks:

I have read that a lot of women acquire drinking problems "later in life". Whereas with men there is no age correlation, very interesting. I almost wonder about the drop in estrogen being a trigger...after all alcohol is one of the many estrogenic substances out there.
        - George Jackson

Comment

More likely that we've worked out that our (ex)husbands are drop kicks, our kids hate us and we are trying to work, keep the family together and have a life..... lol
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hi My Heart! Welcome!
            Yup, this place is definitely the place to celebrate the peri-menopause!!! At this time we women do lose much of the alcohol dealing enzyme in our bodies.... I remember my mum giving up around this age (I'm 49 think she was about 45) saying 'it made her feel funny!' I thought she was a lightweight and relly boring. SHe never had much (I don't think!) but was a great deal more fun than the 'Auntie Moan' (Joan) she was/is without it but I'm eating my thoughts now - It makes ME feel funny too!!! (and act crazy!!) And as for the wonderful 'joke' of adolescents, elderly parents and men-opause all coming together at the same time..............aaagh!!! :H :H

Enjoy this wonderful place - see you around the boards!

Hug
            Finding x :h
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hi My Heart! Welcome!
              Yup, this place is definitely the place to celebrate the peri-menopause!!! At this time we women do lose much of the alcohol dealing enzyme in our stomachs.... I remember my mum giving up around this age (I'm 49 think she was about 45) saying 'it made her feel funny!' I thought she was a lightweight and relly boring. SHe ne ver had much (I don't think!) but was a great deal more fun than the 'Auntie Moan' she was/is without it but I'm eating my thoughts now - It makes ME feel funny too!!! (and act crazy!!) And as for the wonderful 'joke' of adolescents, elderly parents and men-opause all coming together at the same time..............aaagh!!! :H :H

Enjoy this wonderful place - see you around the boards!

Hug
              Finding x :h

Comment

Sorry!! Said it wouldn't 'go', page expired, but it did - aaagh!
                F x

Comment

I think repeating yourself is another sign of being 40+ :H

Comment

Ha! ....and in my case some kind of freaking mid-life insomnia has set in and I crave ANYTHING to "knock me out"! Insomnia runs in my family more than alcoholism actually. My Mother is 65 and has promised me it won't get any better and that I just need to get used to sleeping only 3-4 hours a night, GREAT
                    Then of course at "mid-life" we usually have teenage children...challenging years
                    - George Jackson

Comment

Welcome!
                      Insomnia kinda runs hand in hand with alcoholism, read the threads...you will see NONE of us sleep. I didn't drink until I was in my 30's. BAM, went slam a-- nuts! LOL, but get the supps...read the book etc. all do help.

Comment

Welcome my heart!
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Welcome welcome. There are a lot of people joining lately, so please read through the threads, as many of us (I think I speak for others as well as myself) are a little exhausted from writing long welcome messages with lots of advice (sorry!). But you are just as welcome anyway. Absolutely.

There's a thread in the Holistic Healing forum about sleep problems-- full of great advice. (heh heh, I started it). I used to have bad insomnia but it is much better now.
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Welcome My Heart!

Yes I read somewhere that woman reach that age near 40 and determine that enough is enough.

Glad you found us!
                            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

A great big ol' welcome My heart !! we're really happy to have you and hope that you find yourself laughing along with us nut bars... well I should just speak for myself,, and Flip perhaps !!! tee!! heee !!! eh Flip ? Again, welcome !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                              X