What thoughts keep you safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello to everyone,
    I have copied and pasted a post that I made on Luv's 30 day thread, because I would like responses from a wider audience......
    Here is what I posted on that thread........

Morrison and Luv,

I have not been here so often because the last week or so I have been on holiday and before that I was posting on another 30 day thread.
    Where am I with drinking?

If I am off it and not drinking then it's pretty easy for me - I dont.

If, at the moment, I am, I want to drink pretty damn quickly and as much as I can and just go to sleep.
    I know this is not good and I am hiding from something in my life,...but that is how it is at the moment.
    I would like to be AF. Forever.
    But, I need to get to that place mentally.

Would some of you other members who have been AF for a long time, put down in words some of your positive inner thoughts that keep you sober and away from the bottle.
    I think I would like to refer to them.
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Hi Amelia~

I have realized that from my only slip in 7 months of being AF is that my drinking not only effects me but the ones that I love who indeed love me. I found that by drinking I am truly showing my selfish side. It's me & my booze & nothing else. I care about nothing. It's been said that those with addictions use alcohol/drugs to escape from reality but only for awhile and guess what-the problems/anxieties etc. are still there and sometimes worse when you sober up.

ok-those were negatives....

positives~I mentioned this in Monthly today. I love the fact that I can wake up each day & be able to do anything I want because I don't have alcohol dictating it. I am at peace without having to be consumed with alcoholic thoughts (when store opens/closes, spacing drinks, wanting another one). The energy I exhausted over alcohol I use in more productive ways.

My family life is better when I don't drink. I realize how important I really am & how many people depend on me. It's an honor to be respected.

I enjoy the silly little things my kids do instead of barking at them for doing something "dumb".

This is the only body I have. It needs to last. It's my temple-so why poison it? It's bad enough that I have a short attention span so I need these remaining brain cells to carry the load of those that died.

Most of all I have freedom. Total freedom. The booze no longer dictates my life. I can make plans knowing I can keep them. I'm not forced to waste the day away on the couch because I'm hung over. I can spend my day enjoying my new life. A life free from guilt, anxiety, remorse, self loathing, and disgust. Even when I have a bad day, I can easily say it's better to handle it AF than with booze. Booze will always make any situation seem worse-it won't take away problems-it'll create them.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X