Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicide Attempt

Hi Delight-
    Very glad you are here to tell us your story. I'm also glad that you have found that you have some good friends around to support you. Sometimes it is hard to accept help.
    Hope you get a great therapist. If they are not great - get a different one!
    Take care of yourself.
    Lisa

Comment

Suicide Attempt

Hi Deilight,
      Haven`t really been around much, so have just seen your thread.

I think you`ve learned a great deal from this sad incident and you now know that you truly do want to live. You survived, because you were "meant" to survive, and now you owe it to yourself to make every second count. Am so glad you have people in your life who love and care for you and are able to offer you financial assistance to have counselling.

It is the people who consider homosexuality to be some sort of offence who ought to be ashamed. You`re simply a woman who loves another woman..........be proud of who and what you are. Just be sure to love yourself first at this emotional time in your life.

Saying a wee prayer for you.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Suicide Attempt

Hi Deilight,
        I'm so glad you didn't succeed. When we are drunk we do lot's of things we don't
        intend to do. I don't think you intended to kill yourself, it was probably an impulsive
        action, a cry for help, certainly a wake up call. Maybe this was your rock bottom, now
        the only way is up. I do hope you find a good counsellor, there are lots of good ones
        out there. I agree with Star it's the bigots who should be ashamed not you. You are
        who you are, honest and caring with lots of good friends. Take care of yourself.
        Love Paula. x

Comment

Suicide Attempt

Please take care of yourself! You are here for a reason!
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

Suicide Attempt

Delight,
            I don'nt Care how bad life can get but suicide won't take care of it. When you die that way you have'nt accomplished anything. In death you can't slove your problems. Only when your alive. How frustrating can this be....not being able to work out your problems when your gone! Work things out when your alive, because that's the reason we'er here ! Solve your problems while your alive, that's why we are here ! IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Suicide Attempt

D,
              I did not attempt it but thought about it a lot and called a hotline without remembering ( I checked the next day with the phone company).

The fact that you took all those pills is very scary. You don't want to be in that place again and god knows what could happen. You don't want to die and you know it. Please please please be careful and try to start abs. :h
              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Suicide Attempt

Really glad you didn't succeed and that it has helped you realise that you have really good friends. That's so important in life. As for anyone judging a person because of their homosexuality - they should be quarantined into nuttiland. I know from very sad experience that surprisingly often those people who are judgemental about loving consensual sex between adults (be it gay, pre-marital etc.) are people who express their own sexuality by abusing children. Do not let these weirdo's into your head.

uda

Comment

Suicide Attempt

Thank you for all your words of support guys! It makes things easier.
                  Especially since I am home most of the time now again. I twisted my knee and wouldn't be able to waitress anyway (blessing in disguise I thought). I told them I went to hospital (not why) and don't know when or IF i'd be back. I hated it anyway so I'm going to use this time to find a better job that won't make me feel like popping an OD.

I should be seeing a psych VERY soon. My friend (well, more my girlfriend's friend) is helping me out with free counselling etc, he's also the one who got an ambulance to take me (NO CHARGE). He's Jewish, they have a great community support network. Maybe i'll change my religion! Not one of our neighbours answered the door when my GF was trying to get a phone!!!!

Anyway, things are looking brighter again. Just can't wait to get into therapy.
                  Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                  Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Suicide Attempt

Hi Deilight,
                    Glad you`re feeling a wee bit better.
                    Take good care of yourself.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Suicide Attempt

Thanks Starlight
                      By the way, have you had any contact with Rachel? We were in daily e mail contact and now nothing! I'm bit worried, in my last mail I said if she's fallen it's cool she can say so just let me know.......?
                      Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                      Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Suicide Attempt

Deilight,
                        Last heard from Rach 10 days ago. Took a couple of days outta here, as I was a wee bit down as I headed towards my 30 day mark. Rach was completely off the drink last I heard.........was doing tremendously..........can only hope she`s still doing O.K.......she went through a real tough time to detox.

Cindi was in touch with her, so I hope Cindi has heard from her recently, but I haven`t got around to asking, with all that been going on with myself.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Suicide Attempt

Deilight/Starlight,

I hear from Rachel and she is doing pretty well. She still has her issues with boyfriend, etc, but I think she is trying very hard.

I feel like she is one of my kids. I wish I could go and visit her.

As for your therapy, I truly hope it helps and I also hope you find a better job. Remember, drinking and drugs take up too much of our time and effort and keep us from being able to do things to better our lives.

So, along with therapy, perhaps you can quit drinking and find something better to do with that time that can help you find a much better life for yourself!!

(I can't imagine a therapist who has issues with gays, weird!! Thank God you have such a good friend who can find you a better one.)

Get well, get strong, and be happy!! :h

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Suicide Attempt

hi deilight,

i'm glad youre feeling more positive and looking forward!

off topic (sorry) starlight/db2, why doesnt rachel post anymore? i know she got caught up in a dubious thread, but thats not her doing and it would be lovely to hear of her progress.

roxane

Comment

Suicide Attempt

Roxane,

I pm'd an answer to your question.

Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Suicide Attempt

thanks

Comment

Working...