How to get rid of a bad thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually skated over those posts-maybe read part of one--then just moved on-cuz yuk! And I am a devoted member who doesn't want to miss a single post so I am often here hours in the evening just catching up. But when I stopped long enough to recognize the names of some of the people who were responding to that thread, I started checking in, curiosity got the best of me. I actually had to search back several days to get the gist of what all of the dialogue was about. I never relplied (by then there were many pleas not too). I've been here more than a year, but don't generally log on more than a couple of times a week. Some of our members have a closer relationship than others. Some PM each other regularly, talk on the phone, and have even vistited each other. I'm so happy foir them to have made new friends outside of cyberspace. Back when I was new to this site, I was amazed by the comradie of people who had been here for a whle and stayed. I was a little envious then. I don't feel envy anymore. I feel connected even--though I don't know all of the inside scoop. Point well taken though, as far as newbies. It isn't very welcoming when so many people are speaking in a well-developed (and deserved) private language. Don't be offput by than if you are new to this site. Instead, feel reassured...people make connections, in one way or another, and that so helps in the process of addressing problems with alcohol. Good luck everyone.

Julie

Comment

And you know what I just did...I responded to that post (just through a different thread). Sorry everyone.

Julie

Comment

Working...
      X