Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubby got canned today and i have no job

{{{{{HC}}}}}

The only thing about being at the bottom, I think is.......
    The only way to look is up.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    When is your job interview?
    xxxxxx
    :l Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Still waiting for that VP to call me back about next week's interview at the magazine, but I do have an interview at an agency next week that does marketing placements on a consulting basis. Some those gigs can tun into real jobs.
      I can do that for a bit and I think the money is quite good especially if it is full time. Tim is going to apply for unemployment benefits today but the money you get is very low, and his company has to approve it and the "exit" wasn't good.

I am most worried about the insurance, his company was so small they don't offer COBRA. I am waiting to hear back on what our options are as far as that goes.

I am off the wagon, not as bad as before but need to nip it asap. Thanks all. :h
      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

I was also thinking about subsidies? Do you get a subsidy provided by the state for having a child with autism? Can you receive health care if you have a child with a disability?

I know you will overcome this hurdle Happy. I know you will.

Comment

I could look into that now that we are both jobless, before we made too much money and we we weren't even making very much. You have to be dirt poor. It ridiculous. At least all her schooling and at home therapy services are paid for. She won't be sacrificed in that manner at all thank goodness. And she is VERY happy to have mommy and daddy home too, she's like a pig in poop! :H
          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Hi HC,

Please look into whether NYState has a program for people who aren't eligible for COBRA benefits, but have pre-existing conditions that would make private insurance way too expensive. When my COBRA benefits ran out (I'm self-employed), Maryland has just such a program. It isn't public insurance, but a private state pool that has a lower cost than private insurance. I was able to insure Maddy and myself for about 1/2 of what it would cost to get private insurance.

Good luck with your interviews, honey!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

My daughter is much the same Happy. Loves the weekends when we are both here. She has a picture of us in her room and is always saying "Mommy, daddy, and Hay-hee" Her real name is Hailey but that is how she pronounciates it. I know you are stressed 'temporarily' but enjoy the time you have together.

Comment

Thinking of you Happy.
                Beat wishes.

Comment

Sorry to read your news Camper, you sound like a wonderful person so I have to believe something good will turn up for you guys.

Comment

Kathy,
                    I am not even sure where to start with the insurance! Ugh!

Comment

Happy,
                      Try to takes breaks from panic mode now and then to think of ways to make the best of this situation in every way possible. I know things will work out in the long run for you, but in the short run it's hard to believe that, and to be able to relax and see the silver lining that is surely there somewhere. Try to address just one issue at a time instead of being overwhelmed by everything and just giving up and drinking the day away. I don't think anyone blames you for being off the wagon right now but no will tell you it will help solve anything. You know.....

I'm thinking about you and saying a prayer for you.

Melissa
                      If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Thanks Rot,
                        Luckily I don't drink the day away, never have. I only drink at night!
                        I did get productive today and Sophie may be eligible for free insurance through Child medicaid or Child Health plus- depending on our financial situation once Tim's insurance lapses. If she cannot get it I registered online with e-insurance and have been inundated with phone calls. Anyone in the states heard of Atlantis health insurance? We'd be looking at roughly 950 per month to cover all 3 of us, which is about half of Cobra that was offered to me at my last real job.

If Tim gets unemployment insurance and all I can get is consulting we'd be able to swing that (Consulting pays very well especially if you do it full time which I'd be able to do now that he is jobless!). And if I get a real job and he has unemployment we'll be totally fine because we'll have benefits through my job. Hopefully it'll all work out. Thanks all.
                        I do need to get AF again though, wine is too damn pricey and I need to focus on my family and our situation and not let these things get to me. I am also gaining weight back which is bumming me.

One good thing is that he was working at a wine store and was bringing wine home every night practically (except when we were AF) so if can get a different job where the wine isn't so available it would make life a lot easier for the both of us.

Comment

Happy, i've not been able to get on here all day so i've only just seen this .......

Keep your chin up love,

BB xx
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

Happy,
                            This sucks ! I've heard many night mares.....A friend of mine had 19 yrs & 10 months was let go ! No retirement...needed 20 yrs. ! It should be against the the law for companies to do that ! My heart goes out to you !
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Try to stay positive Camper, things will turn around for you!

hugs
                              K
                              Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                              April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                              wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                              wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                              wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                              wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                              wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                              wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                              http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Patty, I'm sorry to hear about all of this stress your going thru right now. But as someone else said, there is usually a silver lining somewhere... and maybe the change will be good for all of you. I know... easy for me to say.
                                But I do hope this is the case.:h You've been thru so much, and you're such a stronge person. I'm glad to hear in your last post, some of that hope sparking back up... I know what it's like to have beer in the house, when trying not to drink it. I'm sure it's not easy with wine...
                                Sending thoughts of peace & hope.:l
                                Judie
                                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                                X