Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Thread for the crazies - 30th August

Hi everyone,

I can't believe it's the 30th already! Most of you are still on the Aug. 29th thread, but i thought i'd start this one before i went to work.

Well, just went to the gym and did around 22 mins on the treadmill, walking at a fast speed and some running. Burned around 300 calories, plus a 10 min walk there and back, so all in all around 50 mins of cardio. Then did some crunches (well needed) and some bicep curls. Took it pretty easy as i am going to work and it will be busy, but am looking forward to upping the ante in the very near future

Change
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

having trouble but still walking

HI all - I'm glad to see all the familiar names. I log on every day I am in town and am so encouraged by you all, I just don't post often. You guys are the most energetic exercisers!!!! I walk most every day with my silly Ginny dog who loves to chase the squirrels, but I am really struggling with that old frenemy of mine. Don't you love that word?! So today, it's finally getting cooler and I'm going to go on a longer walk. Cheers to everyone. Much

Comment

Good for you change you really had a great treadmill workout for sure !!! Yahooo !!! Now that aut ta take a dumple out of the butt.... LOL !!!!
      Hello Muchthought and welcome to our excercise group!!! Do you mind me asking though... What is sandhill crane is a frenenemy !???!!! Could it possibly be... friggin' enemy ? or something similar to that ? It's an ongowing thing we sometimes all share in common.
      Today, I thought , yep I... "THOUGHT" I would take a much needed day off... Not to be... Well, I'm watching a neighbours farm for this week and got a phone call that 2 , 1 year old calves were out. So , off I go.. Ear tags are numbers , 12 and you guessed it.... 13 !!!!!
      So 12 isn't tooo much trouble, but 13, forget it !! she isn''t even above trying to line me up with her heels little B****H! So here I am in my rubber boots, running through the barnyard trying my best to "head her off at the pass " so that she doesn't get away into the big pasture and then possibly into traffic.. urggg !!! This went on for ohhh about 40 minutes.. She did take little nibble breaks and you could actually see steam rolling off her back.. I'm thinking to myself, " Hubby will know that this isn't going well and will SURELY come to help" .... NOT !!!! &*^%%*&^%% !!!!
      I had to actually leave miss #13, head home, blast hubbys and likely all neighbours ears within 1/2 mile radius !!! Not a proud 10 minutes !!! So off we go to "round her up" The two of us couldn't even do it and had to get more neighbours. When miss # 13 saw that there were 6 of us, she casually walked through the gate, flipped me the bird as if to say " I was going in anyway, it was about time you opened the damned door for ME " My only lasting thoughts of this day is, "She is gonna taste GOOD on the BBQ this fall " !!!!
      So I did end up doing a workout afterall and I gotta say that running around a barnyard for about 40 minutes kicked my ass alot more than ANY eliptical or stationary bike I know !!! LOL !!! I'm gonna sleep fast tonight, and hopefully not see lose cows in my dreams ! urggg !!! Hugs guys ! ,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Sorry i sort of dropped out of this thread for about a week. It was the first week of class for me, so I was very busy. Didn't get to the gym at all, but did a little bit of bike riding - not much.

Last night I went to the gym and worked out pretty well, but not too hard since I hadn't been for a week. I'm going early tomorrow morning for a good hard workout. Then there should lots of bike riding this weekend. I'm getting back into my routine again.

You'll be hearing from me again. sorry for my little "vacation"

(Jealous, aren't you? Admit it :H )
        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Niblet, let us know when the BBQ is ready!:H
          Sounds like ya built up a great appetite!
          Good workout too!:goodjob:
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Yep we'll do Saint Jude, I noticed a recipe in the other section called "killer ribs" that I had my eye on !!! Yep , I think I'd love to see a 13 inch section of ribs on a platter.. Ol' # 13... How do ya like ME now !!! LOL

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Well, it's the 31st here, but i am going to post on this thread anyway! Am about to go to the gym, and will do a big workout on the treadmill. Slept like a baby last night, was worth it.
              One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm with MAGs.. just change jobs in the past week and did not get to working out much. It's no excuse, but it is what it is.. I've been in the " dumps " a bit lately and less than motivated but I am going to go for a short job today. Got to get back at it..

Cheers,

Riker
                Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Working...
                X