exhibition!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhibition!!

The weather here at the moment is insane it has ripped roofing iron off some of the houses that we are working on, I wont park the car in the driveway due to the dodgey gum tree, on the radio the winds are reported to be over 100 km hr. I got out of my car earlier and the door smashed closed on me before I could get out, no injury luckily. anyway I am taking the rest of the day off as my workers are in front and we have had some deadlines extended due to other trades! I only started working for myself 2.7 yrs ago with the aim of concentrating on becoming a full time sculptor but both have gone nuts. 11 months ago I had to put on an apprentice, now I have 2 and also 2 full time sub contractors, as a team they are great, have had to weed out a few along the way, but I still get time to do my metal work and we actually made a profit with the business this year. so all is good.just gotta sort out the cash flow bit! I have been off the efexor for about 3 months and all is going ok
    cheers
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

exhibition!!

just got home, didnt sell too much but I had a great night, about 100 turned up for the opening. had a few friends come that thought there was something wrong because I wasnt drinking! that made me feel really good. I did actually taste one of their wines, and for the first time in my life spat into the spittoon! other than that af yay. I have got an article coming out in one of the melbourne papers soon so hopefully that will bring the crowds in

thanks heaps for listening
      "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

exhibition!!

Hi maxman,
        Sorry about the weather causing damage and glad to hear you escaped injury.
        "spat into the spittoon" says you`re a star........told you you would do it.......take a bow!!!

Don`t know if you`ve posted any pics of your work in the Gallery, but maybe you could post a link to the newspaper article for us....thanks.

Love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

exhibition!!

will try when it comes out. thanks heaps

Comment

exhibition!!

All the very best of luck Maxman !!! It is sooo socially acceptable now for people not to drink I find.. Bring your water bottle, or redbull buddy !!!! Let us know about your sales !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

exhibition!!

Sounds great Max. Proud of you. As Betty said too bad we can't be there. I have always admired people who own their own business. Takes Guts.

Comment

exhibition!!

Best of luck!

Comment

exhibition!!

Well done Max for everythin you have achieved. I envy you doing something you love for a job. all the best xxxMax
                  Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

exhibition!!

This is so interesting. I want to see more of your stuff. It's great that you can do this and actually survive on it. I hope you sell alot and get further inspiration and energy to create more works.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

exhibition!!

Excellent .... please post more pics .....

Love ya, BB xx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

exhibition!!

Good Job Max! Knew you could do it. Keep up the good work.. Don

Comment

exhibition!!

Great stuff Max!!! Still not sure about that fish avatar tho! lol
                          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

exhibition!!

Oh dang - The thread title "Exhibition" had me hoping someone got drunk and got naked.

Best of luck at your art SHOW

Comment

exhibition!!

Sounds like you had a terrific night - despite the weather. I too admire you for having the guts to follow your heart - sounds very anatomical, doesn't it????
                              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                              X