Exercise Thread 31st August!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, i posted this thread in the 1st Sept. thread.... lol.

Anyhow, still stands.

Let us know how all your exercise exploits go!

Change
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Did a quick half hour in the gym before work. Will try to make more time over the weekend. Change, good to see you're keeping up the pressure by having tomorrow's thread ready to go! Nice that spring's arriving for you. It's beginning to feel distinctly autumnal in my neck of the woods.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Yahoo !! Hubby got me a new battery for my heartrate monitor... Funny how you get so used to gagets !!.. I'll stop by after my workout... My legs are sore today from yesterdays' cattle wrestling !! urggg..... Hugs,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Frenemies and Ribs

Oooh, a frenemy is a friend who is also an enemy - now you know what I mean, and have you ever had one? And for me my good friend Char, as in Chardonnay, as I have seen another poster say, is my frenemy. And, Niblet, this morning I am coincidentally making some KILLER ribs for tonight ( I am on Pacific time.) I'll go look at that recipe later.

I already did my walk this morning for today, but will try to take the dog out again before dinner tonight. And how do you wrestle cattle, and I'm glad to see you again Mags, I have been gone also. Hope your teenager is fine.

How do you all exercise without getting bored? I can walk with a pal, or with my dog, but repetitive things just leave me cold.

Comment

Oh, that's what a frenemy is! That is a great word. I have more than a few of those at work.

Went to the gym this morning and did weights. My legs are sore today from my workout the other night so I will just do stretching (very important) and my exercise ball tonight and give my legs a rest. Long bike ride tomorrow, I hope.

Keep pumpin................
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Just thought I would post my excersise today. This was a good day for me, went for a 40 minute jog this morning, got home and felt so good I figured I would keep going, so I did 3 rounds of 5 excersises in a circuit.. 40 steps on a small bench about 8 inches off the floor, followed by 15 reps of bicep curls (about 20lbs per dumbell), 40 steps, 15 reps shoulder press, 40 steps, 20 lunges with weights, 40 steps, 20 squats with weights.. repeat the entire process twice and do the entire thing at the fastest speed you can (safely) without rest. Finish with some abs, pushups, and a good 15 minutes of stretching.

Now I have not worked out like that in at least 1.5 years..

Spent the rest of the day cleaning the house ( into major renos so always cleaning it seems) vacuuming, did some sanding, painting, window washing etc..

Hopefully I can still walk tomorrow LOL !!

That was a good exercise day for sure !

Great job everyone for getting out there and being physically engaged !

Cheers,

Riker
            Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

muchthought;188779 wrote: How do you all exercise without getting bored?
              I either take an mp3 player, walkman, or i work out things i need to think about before i do it.
              One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hi guys !! Oh so that is what a frenemy is ... makes sense now ! enjoy your ribs .. let us all know how they turned out... For myself, I watch satelite TV up in my excercise room or else the time would drag sooo badly I think !!! I find it really easy to excercise to X-weighted or Health type shows... they are my favourite !!!
                Riker my dear we'll have to start calling you "Rocker" cause you ROCK !!! I too hope you can walk tomorrow LOL !! Ahh you'll be just fine. Feels so awesome doesn't it ?
                Today I didn't go into my excercise room, but we did haul alot of wood and of course there is the ever daunting task of piling poop to scoop that I scoop every morning... I could still feel my legs hurting from running around after that calf in my rubbers yesterday !!! "What doesn't kill ya' will make ya stronger" Grampa always said. Wise man bless his heart. LOL... he was funny too though... tuckin in night night , hugs,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                X