I deserve it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I deserve it

I'm only on day 4 AF this time, and feeling pretty good, or was until 30 minutes ago. I called hubby at work to give him the score of the football game at halftime and he asked if I had been drinking.

Sigh, I know I brought this on myself and deserve to be "checked up on", but this just kinda hit home tonight for some reason. Oh well, back to the game, just thought I'd come here and whine a bit.
    Marcie

I deserve it

Oh Marcie. I STILL get it too. Like for instance I was making home-made cream corn tonight for our supper, hubby comes in and puts water in the pot..............thinking I may have been drinking/drunk today??? What a boob. Errr and ruined my creamed corn. But I cannot help but laugh :H .

Just keep plugging along. Once you get some AF time under your belt, he will stop asking so often.

Comment

I deserve it

I think he may just be concerned ... on the other hand, it may also feel like a jab (ouch!) ... just hang in there Marcie ... don't take this kind of stuff to heart right now ... have fun/focus on watching the game or do something else constructive/mindless. wishing you well always
      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

I deserve it

It does hurt when you are trying so hard. Try not to be to hurt though...he will in time see the change.

Comment

I deserve it

Ask for what you need

I just recently read about how we expect those closest to us to be mind readers. Its not fair, but we do it. But then we can't read their minds either so give them a break. I know that what sucks is that is that is first thing he thought and you know that it was well deserved. But he can't read your mind that tonight you had a different game plan. Even if you told him of your plan..we all know how it can change so fast. Just don't expect anyone to be a mindreader or else you will be very disappointed was what I learned.

Comment

I deserve it

Thanks guys, I'm feeling better now. I know he's just concerned and I haven't given him reason to trust me lately when I say I'm not going to drink.

This concludes Marcie's pity party. Thank you for attending.
            Marcie

Comment

I deserve it

I'm glad it was a success even though some refreshments would have been nice.
              If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

I deserve it

we all just have to earn trust back by proving to them that we can do it!
                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

I deserve it

Marcie you cannot blame him. end of story. Trust takes a while. Don't be mad at him. I think you need counseling and so do me and hubby but he just got canned and he had the insurance. We'll get there though.
                  :h
                  Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

I deserve it

Patty, I wasn't blaming him, I was blaming myself and upset for putting myself in this situation. I wasn't mad at him at all. You're right, we'll get through this. Just a road bump in life huh?
                    Marcie

Comment

I deserve it

lol.....marcies pity party. Oh how funny. And thanks for all of us for attending. LOL.

Anyway marcie......its more about how good you got at covering it up. Its plain out hard for them to tell!!!!!

I remember I could drink so many beers before it was obvious to anyone else. And then even still they might not be sure.

My brother could drink a ton of whisky before he acted any different.

And thats just what we all do.
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

I deserve it

Dont worry Marcie it will get better, I think we are also a bit too sensitive when they ask the question, I had it twice since I started to mod and must say each time I wanted to flip my lid... your doing great hang in there!!

Comment

I deserve it

Hi Marcie,
                          Am afraid it looks like the same goes for us all..........it`ll take time for our families to really trust us. It`s blooming infuriating though, when we`re "accused", yet know we haven`t touched a drop......Grrrrrr!!!!

Had to laugh at what gabby said........as our drinking progressed, so many of us became "masters of disguise".........we sure were good at it.........little wonder then, that our nearest and dearest find it difficult to trust us!!! LMAO

Congrats on the 4 days, Marcie.........one day we`ll prove them all wrong!!!

Lots of love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I deserve it

Starlight......its so true tho. We were just good!
                            Gabby :flower:

Comment

I deserve it

We sure were good at it gabby..........real inventive!!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X