OVERCOMING THE AF VOID.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OVERCOMING THE AF VOID.

Good for you Starlight! What degree course have you chosen?
    TL
    IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
    Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

OVERCOMING THE AF VOID.

Congratulations, Star! I want to be just like you when I grow up!

Comment

OVERCOMING THE AF VOID.

Star, now you can do whatever you want. You have reached a level of mental clarity; I find I now have more to do than I have time to do it in. I am being stretched thin, and I don’t understand how I made it when I was drinking all the time.

You have a great attitude, so you will not have too much trouble getting busy. You are doing great.

God Bless

Bear

137 days AF
        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

OVERCOMING THE AF VOID.

Star~

I'm so happy for you. When I first started MWO my signature read "It's never too late to be what you might have been". Congrats! I have seen such a beautiful, insightful change in you. I wish you continued success!

I view each AF day as a treasure hunt because as you mentioned it's not this mind-blowing thing but instead a beginning of seeing clearly. So on those mundane, average AF days I search for hidden treasures I normally wouldn't notice if I was still drinking. It's little treasures like my children saying something unique or even the sound of rain. I treasure each AF day!

Here's to a new beginning!
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

OVERCOMING THE AF VOID.

Hi Starlight Impress,

It was inspiring to read your post late last night. I'm glad that you are going back to uni and fulfilling your ambitions. You'll have an interesting time studying + fun, there's plenty of wierd and wondeful people to meet on campus!

I was reflecting on your post and thinking that by being AF, you've allowed yourself to set long term goals with clarity and confidence.

I value your advice and warning about the 'AF void'. Right now I have just enjoyed my first AF weekend since I can't remember, so I'm still at that stage. But you made me start to think about the things I would like to do longer term

Ben

Comment

OVERCOMING THE AF VOID.

Thankyou

Thankyou all for your wonderful words of love and support.

Am going to do a degree in social sciences.....particular course was partly chosen to afford me greater employment opportunities, but moreover, reflects my interests, so I consider it to be a particularly apt choice for me.

More2........great to hear you had a blast as the class mom......think I`m going to have a blinking ball !!!!

And no, beatle..........I could never leave the site..........thanks to all of you and R.J. I have managed to drag myself from the gutter. Am 5 wks. sober today.......still find it so hard to believe........it feels magnificent.

Breez, I loved you saying that you see each day as "a treasure hunt".........I just couldn`t see how much beauty and opportunity there is in the world when I was drinking.

M.D........I`m still struggling with a bit of anxiety, but nowhere near as bad as when I was drinking. I`ll never forget what an nervous wreck I was when I first came to M.W.O. and the comfort and strength I found in your words, telling me how you`d fought your way through to the other side of all of that. I owe you greatly.......am so much better now, and hold onto the belief that my psychological state will steadily improve with each new day of sobriety. I am so full of hope.......

Niblet, I think you finding time for gardening and hobbies is anything but boring......it`s fantastic and I think we really need to find things to do which help us relax.......it`s therapeutic........so many things we were always meaning to do, yet sadly, never got around to.

Jas, you and Flip scare me, with the scuba diving and the motor-biking.......I`ll have to put it down to my anxiety........I could never even attempt to do anything quite so dare-devil........then again, they do say "never say never". LOL

Thanks Jas, you just gave me an idea........there`s a full-size Yamaha keyboard kicking around the house........have always imagined it would be fun to learn to play it........now I`m gonna!!

M.W.O. and all my friends here mean the world to me. And what care I, if I`ve became addicted to the site ?........is a healthy addiction!!! LOL

Thankyou for being my super friends!!!!

All my love,

Starlight Impress xxx

Comment

OVERCOMING THE AF VOID.

More power to you Benno!!! Well done on your AF weekend!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

OVERCOMING THE AF VOID.

What a wonderfully inspiring thread! Congrats to you and best wishes with school! I'm so glad I read this today.... I needed that "I have something to look forward to" feeling - and you just gave it to me. Thank you.

~Catt
                  AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

OVERCOMING THE AF VOID.

Way to go Starlight!! You can do it!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X