Day 1 AF - looking for buddies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took my first topamax last night. Today will be my first AF day. I plan to abstain completely for a couple of months and then maybe try moderate consumption. I've been on a 3 week binge where I've been drunk every night. I've gained 10 pounds in this past three weeks. For the past 10 years I've been an on and off drinker. The past 5 years more on then off. I am really hoping to get very healthy in these next couple of months. Quit drinking and smoking, lose weight, and most importantly not wake up regretting what I could have done/said (I never remember) the night before. I've already introduced myself on the newbie board and was hoping to find some AF buddies.

My first big test will be Sunday. I have some couples coming over for the Bears game.

Happy Labor Day

hi cd and welcome. i am starting over again today, so it day 1 af for me too. i was af for 2 weeks until saturday and sunday night ... it felt good to be af ... i hate hangovers, feeling guilty, etc. plus my daughter is really mad at me. anyway this is truly a great place, a godsend to me really. keep reading and posting and much luck to you
    Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

I'm right in there with both of you! Today will be a great start.
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I started today as well... sorta... had 2 beers to stop the shakes...good luck to all of us...
        Mike...

Comment

I had my first non alcohol induced sleep in a long time. I could barely get up this morning it felt so good. Today will be my first day at work on topa. So far I'm not feeling many side effects so not too concerned. This will be day 2. I've gone weekdays without drinking so the real test for me will be the weekend.

How are you all doing this morning?

Comment

CD, Good luck on the Topa. It's worked wonders for me. I'm on my 4th week and have done 10 days AF, 6 days AF and the rest very moderate. I'm still trying to go AF all the time and am upping my dosage to 100 mg today. The Supps are wonderful too.
            Rob2
            Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.--- Dale Carnegie

Comment

I'm with u! Day one AF for me!

Comment

DAY1 AF for me. Lets start a thread just for our date

Comment

sounds good , need some help as well!
                  "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

CD --- Congrats on Day 2!! Awesome!

Hart, Spincycle -- It's Day 1 for me too. Can I join you guys??!

)

Comment

Hey everyone. It's day 3 for me. I don't think I slept at all last night. Anyone else not sleeping? I think I will stop and get melatonin today.

How are you all doing?

Comment

i am all tangled up in threads....

cd - I'm in too - I hope you got sleep. I am on topa too, day 4 AF though my ultimate goal is definitely moderation. I posted to you elsewhere. And rob too. And mike r. Drink lots of water, mike!!!!

I get ALL TANGLED UP IN THREADS!!!! If anyone has any suggestions on how they keep track of what they are doing - please free to tell me anything!!

Sending much encouragement to everyone

Comment

This is my 7th or 8th or so second day AF...
                          You know, I sometimes can begin to lose hope, all those times I say, "This time I'm going to STAY AF", then I don't. But it makes a big difference for me to think that there are countless people who got sober for good, and it all began with one of their first days being the first day to reaching their ultimate goal.
                          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Muchthough - I have trouble keeping track too of threads I post in - with my prior username I had figured out how to 'subscribe' to threads, so when there is a reply after a post I've made, I get an email. Very useful (tho lots of emails if you post a lot).
                            Trouble is, I can't figure out now how to do it!
                            Anyone??
                            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

hey all how you doing? i'm on up to two weeks and about to climb over. are you all doing okay? sleep will come and go. maybe the calms forte will help. the important part is drink lots of water. lots of it. and mike is right do lots of things that you once did like his poetry thread. just wanted to check in on you all. smiles

Comment

Working...
                              X