Meeting in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting in NYC

I know, I know. I last posted about this about a month ago. Many of you have been asking about it. I have been too lazy to do anything about it until now. As some of you may or may not remember, I suggested a get together for MWO'ers who could make it in NYC on Sept 23. That's still the day.

I've spent the last few weeks trying to figure out how to do this. Over 20 people have told me they want to come. Then they started asking where are we eating, what are the plans, etc. Then I freaked out for a while. Me and 25 whacko current or ex or whatever alcoholics running around loose in Manhatten for a day!!!! Oh Doggie!! Things started getting too complicated.

So I decided to make things very simple. Tell me how this sounds. Whoever wants to come should let me know by posting here or PMing me. But you can come no matter what. We will meet up at noon sharp on Sept. 23 on 77th St between Columbus Ave and Central Park West. Why there? That is the main entrance to the Museum of Natural History. Easy to find - easy to get to by the IRT or IND subways, cab, whatever. Right there on Columbus avenue are loads and loads of interesting restaurants ("restaurant row") and on the other side is the best part of Central Park.

I figure we can scout out the restaurants, pick out one we like, make a reservation for later, go in the 72nd St. entrance to the park (Strawberry Fields) go to skater's alley, Sheep's meadow, the lake, the fountain, etc. It's all right there at that entrance. The park is like a huge festival on Sundays. it's great. Lots of wonderful free entertainment and places to sit on the grass and hang out together. Then we can go have a really fun dinner together, and we'll have a blast.

How does that sound. Please let me know if we should make some changes. This is the best I could come up with. By the way, if some of you want to get in earlier, the Metropolitan Museum of Art is just on the other side of the park on 5th Ave and 82 or so. All you have to do is go throught he park at 79th street so that is close by also. But it closes early so you would have to do that in the morning.

Oh well, let me know what you think.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Meeting in NYC

Sounds great, but too far away for me this time, sniff sniff. I mean sob sob. Have a good time y'all.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Meeting in NYC

Very jealous. I hope pics will be posted.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Meeting in NYC

If my situation were different at home, I'd fly out in a heartbeat! Have fun my friends!

Comment

Meeting in NYC

I'd definaltey come but my butt fixed on a cusion in the middle of a 7-day meditation retreat in San Francisco - wrong coast.. whaaa!
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Meeting in NYC

Mags,

I would really like to do this and am still trying to figure it out.

I have lots of airline miles and lots of hotel points.

My only issue is work.

So, Looking into it and will let you know asap.

Thanks,
            Cindi

Is it okay if I come, not being an "old timer?"
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Meeting in NYC

Everyone is welcome. The more the merrier.
              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Meeting in NYC

Hi Mags. Great idea. I'm in! I log onto MWO everyday to read the posts. I haven't contributed much lately. All is going well for me. I'm on day 63! I look forward to meeting you and the others in person. -Reenie
                September 23, 2011

Comment

Meeting in NYC

Mags,

I am so sad that I can't come - work beckons. I may need to go to New York again because estate issues not settled, so I am already missing 2 days of work this month!

Of course, after a year here it is not too farfetched for me to say - I'll meet up with you guys at a later date LOL ... I'll still be here!

Wah, wah - I cannot come!
                  Pansy

Comment

Meeting in NYC

geesh-for some reason I thought we were planning in Oct. Sept. is my "phony-in-law" busy month of parties & get togethers. My niece's b-day falls on that weekend & I'm not sure which day her party will be. Geesh-when will those kid birthdays end!

I'm a maybe.
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Meeting in NYC

Have fun everyone and I want to see pictures too!!
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Meeting in NYC

Hi Mags,
                        Thanks for thinking this up. I think I can come. I would definitely not stay for dinner as I need to get a train back in the afternoon. Is lunch or brunch included in this day?

Comment

Meeting in NYC

Reenie, Where do you live in Jersey ..or did I ask you this before?

Comment

Meeting in NYC

I thought it was going to be in October as well, I am having a new deck built on my house starting on the 20th, and must be here to aggravate, I mean supervise, the contractor!
                            Have fun guys
                            Mar

Comment

Meeting in NYC

Crysa: I live in central, NJ. Approximately 45 minutes outside of NYC. Do you live in NJ?
                              September 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X