X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N.O.R.A. Clinic

Hi guys.

I've only been on the site a few days, but I wanted to tell you something:

I'm going to the N.O.R.A. clinic -- flying out tomorrow to start treatment. I found the site here, and I really like the concept. It's 10 days of IV amino therapy to kill the cravings and help normalize the brain, plus talk therapy and other alternatives like accupuncture.

I'll let you know, if you're interested, what it is/ was like. When I get back, my supplies from MWO should be here, and I plan to use that plus other stuff -- like hypnosis and more talk therapy -- to try to remain AF.

I am, as I have been since I discovered this site, hopeful. Which is weird. Because hopeful is not a word I've used much for a few years now. But for some weird reason, I'm remembering more and more who I was just five years ago, before this addiction overran me.

For once, I have some good memories. It's pretty nice.

N.O.R.A. Clinic

I wish you well Less desperate. N.O.R.A. clinic sounds interesting. Keep those feelings of hope, as they are positive. Good luck. Bella xxx

Comment

N.O.R.A. Clinic

All the best Less Desperate, looking forward to your comments about it ....
      sigpicXXX

Comment

N.O.R.A. Clinic

Congratulations, less desperate, on making a terrific decision!!!!!

I hope treatment works out well for you and this clinic is what you are looking for in your search.

magic xx
        ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
        I am in the next seat.
        My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

N.O.R.A. Clinic

You sound totally committed to quitting, less desperate. I admire your conviction.
          I like what you said about hope, and really do think that "hope springs eternal".
          Being dependent on alcohol often causes us to spiral down into the darkest despair. It is uplifting to remember that we always have hope on our side.

I wish you well for your stay at the clinic and look forward to you coming home to join us.

Will pray for you.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

N.O.R.A. Clinic

Congratulations on gathering the resolve and courage to get treatment.
            I wish you much success.... and look forward to hearing about the experience afterward.
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

N.O.R.A. Clinic

It sounds great, but I am so ignorant. What and where is NORA clinc?
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

N.O.R.A. Clinic

I just googled NORA Clinic. It is is Colorado and is $7,500 for 10 days of the amino therapy and counseling. They do not bill insurance companies. I am very eager to hear about this program and look forward to an update!

Comment

N.O.R.A. Clinic

Lucky the googler-- How do you find time to google when you are supposed to be 100% dedicated to THIS site. I call you a traitor. (but thanks for the info).
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

N.O.R.A. Clinic

That sounds exciting less desperate. I hope it goes well for you and does you a lot of good.
                    Please check back with us and tell us how it went.
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

N.O.R.A. Clinic

I wish you the very best & much success!
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

N.O.R.A. Clinic

breez- pls go back to the no shirt avatar

Comment

Working...
                        X