Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you tell your doctor about your 'problem' ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a lot of friends & family members that are Dr's or married to Dr's. They are no different than me or you. Some are good at their job, some suck, just like every other profession. I hope you've got yourself a good one. I personally would not admit to drinking more than 4-5 drinks a day for fear of being hospitalized against my will, they can do that you know...scary stuff. Best of Luck to you
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

I told my doc everything...how much..how often...that I'ld drink alone...I even told him I used to get bottles of 98 proof drink that with coke and finish it in a day and a half... (now that's some stupid drinking), but for me once I finaly told someone, face to face...it finaly realy sank in that I have a problem that I MUST deal with...and in a way it was a huge releif... so I say go for it...it'll help him know more about your problem and know better how to help you... good luck...
      Mike...

Comment

MIke, That is awesome...you are on your way to better days!!!!

Unfortunately in the US if they think your life is in danger for any reason...and believe me they can stretch this one...they lock you into a psych ward.....NOT fun.

What did the Dr prescribe? Enquiring minds want to know : )
        - George Jackson

Comment

He hasen't prescribed anything yet...just blood test so far...I guess he's waiting for the results... good I'm not in the U.S. right now!!
          Mike...

Comment

Hmmmm, Well I hope your body is in good shape. I've heard good things about Topamax: )
            - George Jackson

Comment

Lots of interesting replies. Just wanted to say thank you again to everyone. Just got to work and this is the first window I opened. Have a wonderful day everyone!

~Catt
              AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Working...
              X