Madeleine McCann's parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this morning that they are going to be named as formal suspects in her disappearance. What do you guys think of this?
    Marcie

Nah! .......I think they made a bad judgement the night Madeleine went missing (by leaving the kids and going to the restaurant).... I don't think they had anything to do with it. I mean...... why would they? Nah!

Comment

They just never "rang true" to me........never looked distraught, as you would imagine the parents of a missing child to be. I always afforded them the benefit of the doubt, though. Who knows.........

Comment

mmmmmm I suppose I do think there is more than what the parents are letting on.

Personally I didn't think it was very clever decision to leave the children by themselves though.

Comment

Reminds me of the JonBenet Ramsey case here in the US.
          Marcie

Comment

I sincerely hope that they are not involved after all the british public have done with donations and stuff!

I've said all along that had it been a single parent leaving children alone instead of doctors the public would have slaughtered them instead of supporting them.
            sigpicXXX

Comment

I can't believe the McCanns have anything to do with the disappearance of their daughter. It was wrong to leave her alone in that appartment and they have to live with their guilt of that...but to actually go through all this and be lying? No way.

Comment

I agree Bella. Who could possibly believe that they would have anything to do with the disappearance of their daughter? I mean, if they were involved with anything sinister, why just the one child....... no, it doesn't make sense that they could be involved. I think they feel guilty about not being there but as for being involved.... as you say... no way.

Comment

Exactly betty!! An unemployed, single parent having left their kids unattended to enjoy dinner out would have been treated with utter contempt, and find the authorities would have quickly whipped their remaining two kids into care.

If, as the speculation seems to be, that either or both of the McCanns sedated their child to ensure she wouldn`t waken when her parents were out, wouldn`t confessing to having accidently administered an overdose to Madeleine have been the only decent thing to do ?........although, would still have been a shocking criminal offence for which they would have had to be brought to boot.

Or perhaps it`s the case that they had so much at stake........twins, careers, status.......that to have admitted to such a crime would undoubtedly have cost them everything.

Would have been a terrible crime if indeed, either or both, of the parents are responsible for her possible death by accidental overdose..........however, is even more horrific to think of anyone attempting to cover up such a crime.

I pray for Madeleine.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Starlight, I am obviously only aware of the story that filters through the papers here. I had no idea there was a suggestion of them sedating their children!!!

Comment

I agree with you Betty, if it was me my kids would be in care by now...however I still like to think that the parents are innocent. When it first happened I would shed tears everytime I thought about it. The parents will be hung by the british (and irish) public if they are guilty!

Comment

I've said all along that had it been a single parent leaving children alone instead of doctors the public would have slaughtered them instead of supporting them
                        Betty, how can you say this?

Have you ever been a single parent? I have. How can you know that this would have been the case?

You are assuming what people think of single parents. To me, that is very prejudgemental.

Comment

As a mother it's impossible to think that it might be the mother. Never thought about them sedating the kids but I guess they are both Doctors, Ugh. I think they were wrong to leave the kids alone but will have to live with that guilt. When mine were that age, even though we would love to have had a meal together without the kids we didnt. Spent many a night in the en-suite of hotels waiting for them to go to sleep so we could go back into the room and turn the TV on!

Rustop

Comment

Bluebell, The comment was in support of single parents!!!!!

Apologies if i've offended .............
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

Here is what I heard:

It may have been an accidental death by the parents. They rented a car 28 days after she went missing and Maddy's blood was discovered in the rented car. That is why the parents are now named suspects.

Comment

Working...
                              X