Depressed-Screwed myself over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm writing this but don't know if I will post it. I made a big mistake at work. I thru away something that is needed for a big arbitration. There is an outside chance I have shipped it to a storage location.....but I don't think so. I drank last nite, I tossed and turned last nite. Thinks had been going so well, and I'm up for a new job, what if they ask my past employer what kind of employee I am......an incompetent, worthless one.......

I usually cry, but I can't, I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can drink...HA! always can do that. It will take a while to find out if those records are there, then I'm doomed.

I'm sorry to be such a bummer. I just hate myself right now.

Oh, Hart. It was a mistake. I doubt they would say you are incompetent, etc. Your overall performance is good, isn't it? Can you maybe get a copy of what you misplaced from the original source?

Don't beat yourself up. Mistakes happen.

Comment

Hart, you made a mistake, you aren't worthless and incompetent ......

Sending BB hugs your way ....
      sigpicXXX

Comment

we ALL make mistakes!! Sounds like you work for an attorney's office? You don't think the Lawyers make BIG mistakes sometimes??? We are all human! Please don't beat yourself up over this. In the BIG picture, it is no big deal....really. Take a breath...let it go. Also, after we have drank, things SEEM so much worse. Keep that in mind.

:l Beth
        formerly known as bak310

Comment

I noticed that was your 888 post.. For some reson that grabbed my attention. This is a sequence in numerology.. mean anything to you?

888 ? A phase of your life is about to end, and this is a sign to give you forewarning to prepare. This number sequence may mean you are winding up an emotional career, or relationship phase. It also means there is light at the end of the tunnel. In addition, it means, ?The crops are ripe. Don?t wait to pick and enjoy them.? In other words, don?t procrastinate making your move or enjoying fruits of your labor.

NOTHING IN LIFE IS A MISTAKE - EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!!!
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Big Hug!

Don't beat on yourself, it never makes it better! All I can send is a smile and a hug :l

Dei :h
            Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
            Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

interesting about the 888- i never know what to believe- astrology, numerology, ennegram, birth order

hart, remember that legally the only thing an employer can divulge is the legth of time you worked for the employer. nothing else.

chin up!

Comment

Mistakes happen...you are human...we all are....it will be OK....You are in my thoughts and prayers today....I know the day after a night of drinking for me I am so depressed and anxious that things seem much worse than they are because my chemistry is off from drinking...maybe that is the case.....please know that this too shall pass...I hope it turns up or you can relplace/reprint/get a copy of what you are missing...Hugs to you...:l Buckle

Comment

(thanx)

I just know this won't have a good ending. I won't get fired. But I won't be trusted any longer and what about the new job?

I feel so worthless. I hate myself, I can't believe how stupid I am. Sorry. I'm not feeling cheeky, I'm feeling like a f*ck up.

Comment

Here`s hoping it turns up hart, and if not, stop mentally punishing yourself for a single mistake, nomatter how serious you think it.

Any employer will judge you on overall performance, not one particular incident.
                    Keep your chin up, hart!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

HART...STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!! You are human, you are human, you are human!!!! You made a damn mistake girl! I know how hard you work. You lvoe your career and always do your best. You talk about it ALL the time. You would never have done it intentionally. Mistakes happen!!! Don't make this mistake a reason to drink....chin up!!! You can shine through this.

Comment

Thanx all. Lucky good point about what an employer can ask. I guess it's I just hate disappointed people and I am in a position of trust and I blew it. I should know if I threw out those records by next week I would think. I'm making myself sick w/this and that's not fair to Joe. He was looking forward to some things this weekend and I don't want to be a wet blanket and blow if for him.

If these type of things didn't send me so far too the extreme, I guess I wouldn't have the destructive habits I do. I gave up one for drinking. I've always been this way, don't know how to stop.

I thank you all for your kind words. I just feel so guilty and ashamed.

Comment

im sorry your having all this trouble.......

Comment

Hart, you are a GREAT person! So you screwed up. You didn't kill anyone!!!

Maybe this will cheer you up a bit. I really feel sorry for this lady but did you hear about this gal that left her 2 year in a car for 8 hours after buying donuts for her co-workers? She is an assistant principal at a Ohio middle school and she normally drops off her daughter at daycare before she goes to work but this time she got donuts and forgot her daughter was in the back sleeping and went into work. It got to 150 degrees in the car.
                            I saw that Mom on the Today show and she kept saying how she was a bad mom. It was painful to watch. I couldn't imagine living the rest of my life knowing that I left my child sleeping in the car seat while I went into work. This mother is still going to be the assistant principal at this school but I bet she never buys donuts any more.

So Hart!!!!! This Mom really screwed up and she will never forget this screw up for the rest of her life. You will forget yours!!

Hope I cheered you up!!!

Comment

When things like this happen it is SO SO hard to see them in perspective, but even if it turns out you did throw the papers away, and even if it results in a temporarily bad situation for you, this too will pass and your overall performance will be what you are judged by, not a solitary mistake, even a big one. Think now, what will this mean to you in 5 years? Will you even remember it? I know how hard it is 'cause I tend to dwell dwell dwell like you, but I am trying to do this exercise, to think about what things will mean in the big picture. Don't know if that is any help. btw, I am really sorry for you and I hope things work out.
                              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X