Initial weight loss AF??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial weight loss AF??

Well, SS, No luck on teh weight loss front here...

I if I said I was frustrated that would be a gross understatement! after 23 days AF I havent lost 1 pound. I was also looking forward to that being on of the "rewards", but no luck here. I eat REALLY healthy and watch my portions. I am going to start working with weights and shaking my workout routine up a bit. But, I really thought that just not consuming the extra calories from the wine and the extra food I would consume when intoxicated would be enough to at least lose some.. whaaaa I did throw a huge tantrum last week, but I think I may be over it. At least I haven't gained!

Good luck to you. If I find out something magical I will certainly let you know.

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Initial weight loss AF??

Wow!

you weigh only 118 pounds?

no doubt you have just lost respect and gained envy of overweight members all round the world, myself included.

you must be TINY! how tall are you?

Comment

Initial weight loss AF??

Slightly Suzze - Hang in there - the weight will start to drop. I am 52 days AF now, and down about 6 pounds, which is not a lot, but I wasn't big to begin with. Well, tall, but not big - I am 5"8" and now weigh about 128.5 - 131 or so. I never was a big eater, but I guess I took in a lot of calories in wine, because now I found myself eating something and thinking, oh boy, I shouldn't have that - the scale will show it tomorrow - but it doesn't. But - it took me quite a while for the 6 pounds or so to come off, and when they did, it happened almost all at once. So hang in there, it will happen.
        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Initial weight loss AF??

Thanks, Hannah...that's inspiring...gives me hope! That's exactly how I feel....I no longer take in the alcohol calories OR all the calories from the over-eating that the booze induced...so my calorie intake must be waaaaay lower than before...but nothing's happening!:upset: Thanks for your story!

Nancy...maybe I converted it incorrectly to lbs?? I am about 5'3" I think. I was always a slight person, until the weight gradually came on as the drinking progressed. I know all the focus of weight problems tends to be on people who are naturally a bigger build and have more to lose than a stone or so, but a person who looks reasonably slim in their clothes can still be a disaster area in the buff!:H I wouldn't go public in my bikini at the moment for love or money LOL. Fat that shouldn't be there is unsightly wherever it is and whoever it's on. An extra 14lbs on someone my size and frame looks as out of proportion as 28lbs on a bigger person. I hope you're not as annoyed with me as you sound!:upset:

Suze
          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Initial weight loss AF??

Hi - I'm on 54 days AF and am very gradually losing weight - I am down about 6 lbs in that time.

Give it time - better to lose it very gradually anyway!

I too was not carrying much excess weight to start with (lean runner / climber type).

I am not particularly trying to lose weight - just losing the calories from beer (and the snacks that went with it!) has made the weight come down.

As said - don't eat too little - your body goes into fat conservation mode if you starve yourself.
            Not sure what recemmended minimum is for a girl - but males are not supposed to go below about 1200 cals / day IIRC

Love

Satori
            xxx
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Initial weight loss AF??

That would be "recommended" minimum!

The weight is obviously being lost from by brain!

Satori

xxx
              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Initial weight loss AF??

Thus far the longest AF run I've had was 8 days, and in that time I lost 5 pounds. BUT - I have a whole lot to lose - I gained 75 pounds in 2 years (I think that was due to thyroid issues, going on an antidepressant, some changes in diet, and well, I drank a lot when I was thin too but I guess I did increase over this period).
                I've been having 2-4 AF days per week and when I drink it's about half what I had been drinking the past year, and haven't gained the 5 pounds back.

I'm thinking that when I'm ready to take the Everyday AF Day plunge, I am going to do a juice fast to cleanse and "reset" my body. When I've done juice fasts in the past it turned out to be a great way to boost my weight loss, especially if I follow it with a VERY healthy diet of mostly raw foods.
                FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Working...
                X