Observations throug AF eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a family barbeque today, stayed AF, Only one of the uncles was drinking , just a few quiet beers enjoying the day. In control. While sitting back, cooking the barby, listening to the footy I started noticing things that I never used to pay attention to. I started thinking to myself that I have been missing out on so much in the past few years and it has really hit me hard to realise this. Little things that are really so big , like the sound of the kids laughing and playing, watching the birds, even putting aeroguard on the kids and actually really enjoying myself. I am proud of myself and are more determined than ever to follow this path. As dt said the ultmate gift. For this I have all of you to thank. Please feel free to add any of your observations.

Maxman
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Maxman - I am so glad for you. Yes, I've felt it too! Sometimes the awarenesses are so strong it's almost blinding/deafening/overwhelming to me!

But it's also quite brilliant/wonderful/amazing and I feel very blessed! I don't think it's only booze that numbs that: an awful lot of folk are just 'switched off' in this hyper-stimulation age. (I used drink to lessen the impact of so much going oncoz I found I couldn't jsut 'switch off'...!) But because we 'hit bottom' in some way we notice things again and relish in and cherish them. So in fact we are really blessed folk to feel glad and not guilty in any way!

Who'd have thought...!?

Love best wishes
    FMF xx
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Yeh, it's a funny thing, because when I first started to drink, I thought I noticed and appreciated these kinds of special small things more. That's because alcohol relaxed me, enabling me to let the impressions in (I was a very nervous, high-strung person). But after a while, that heightened state of awareness slowly slipped into a heightened state of numbness. Getting rid of alcohol has ironically brought back just what I was seeking in the booze.

I like it better this way.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

:goodjob: Maxman.

When I saw people getting a bit pie-eyed the other night I felt sort of sorry for them...not in a superior way (have done too much of it myself to knock anyone else for it!) but in a compassionate way. The vulnerability was showing through all the laughter and confident acting. Maybe sober folk have felt that about me in the past. There's a truly sobering thought!

Suze
        Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Finding My Feet;192944 wrote: Sometimes the awarenesses are so strong it's almost blinding/deafening/overwhelming to me!
          this is exactly how I have been feeling today, no arguments or even close with my wife usually there would have been something. my head is buzzing so much at the moment it is going to be hard to get to sleep tonight! for once it is full of positives.
          "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

I am still working on my "problems" but...I used to get totally wasted every Saturday night. Drinking really hard till the wee hours of the morning, and having a horrible rotton Sunday because I was too hungover to leave the house. Well, now I think about how glorious it is to wake up early on Sunday, have my coffee, and go to the glorious church that I have grown to love. Its so much more rewarding.
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

I need to get all this out so I hope you guys dont mind, from my experience today and everything that is rushing through my head , I really feel like jake and elwood from the blues brothers and just want to yell at the top of my voice "I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT" everything now seems clear
              *I have to start looking after myself, I have three young children that I need to set a good example for,I want them always to remember a happy daddy not one that drinks daddy lemonade. I will regain my fitness, I feel great now but am looking forward to reaching these goals also.

Comment

It brings me more joy than I could ever express to see how happy my children are since I stopped drinking. Their smiles, laughter, hugs and kisses.....it makes me happy, but sad that I missed out on it for any amount of time. They are my joy!

Comment

Good for you Maxman. You are right, so much is missed when excessive alcohol is involved. My energy levels were low at first when I stopped drinking but then after a while my energy soared and I found myself running round the garden playing football with my son! Now that is something!!!!!!!! Keep going. Bella xxx

Comment

Good Max!
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                    X