Reasons for People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons for People

I can now say " a friend" of mine from work (I've only been there 3 weeks part time) sent me this. It fits very appropriately here!

:flower: :flower:

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
    When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
    They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,
    to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.
    They are there for the reason you need them to be.
    Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
    this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
    Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
    Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
    What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
    The prayer you s ent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
    They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
    They may teach you something you have never done.
    They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
    Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life, whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime.

Love you guys! Attached files [img]/converted_files/12265=1819-attachment.gif[/img]
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Reasons for People

Awwww, that was really sweet and thought-provoking, Breez.

Thankyou,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Reasons for People

breez-

thank you so much for sharing that. i think it is true in all aspects of our lives, and esp. on the net.

i appreciate each and everyone of you too- on most days! lol

Comment

Reasons for People

Thank you breez. I needed to read that. Sometimes it's hard for us to understand the Reason but ... eventually we get there. And we do move on.

Comment

Reasons for People

thanks..I don't always like to start threads for one reason or another....but when I find something that touches my heart as much as everyone here- I share- & it stays in my vaulted heart. Attached files [img]/converted_files/325708=1825-attachment.gif[/img]
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Reasons for People

Thank you Breez, that is so important to think about. I have had friends for a lifetime, I have friends come and go who serve a purpose. It's very interesting and all part of the SEASON. But each person has made an impact on my life. Thank you for reminding me of them.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Reasons for People

Thank you Breez...really glad to read that again... a good reminder and lovely in the context of MWO
              Love to everyone - you're in my heart...
              FMF x
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Reasons for People

Breez, that is lovely, thank you so much ......

I love all you guys here too ....
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Reasons for People

Lovely sentiment, BUT this sort of seems like people are here to serve us. What about us serving them and their needs? I dunno I guess I'm different, that's just how it came across to me. I appreciate the sentiment, I really do : )
                  Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                  - George Jackson

Comment

Reasons for People

I guess the view is that this applies equally to the "other" as well as you. Therefore, you are the person who has come into thier life to teach....
                    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Reasons for People

Breez........That is such a great poem. It so so so applies to me. I have such a sad story and I am still finding it hard to manage it.

I made a very good friend over a year ago. I had known her for years through another friend but we became close and spent many happy times.

Then her husband made a strong pass at me and I told my husband who went mad. He ranted on to them about it and now my friend is no longer my friend. Her husband said I lied. She knows that I would never lie but she has to stay with him for the sake of their kids. So ......over night, I lost my friend and I miss her. Her husband will not let her see me. So, I suppose she was my friend 'for a season'. I know that I am forced into moving on but I am so bitter as this was not my fault.

How can I move on? Can anyone help on ths one? there is no way of sorting it out now. I just need to find a way of coping with it. |She lives very near and I see her every day but we don't talk.

Thanks, Bella xxx

Comment

Reasons for People

Hi Bella,

The best thing to do when someone makes an innapropraite pass is to be quiet. Let the offender know, in no uncertain terms, that the advances are unwanted and will not be tolerated and then keep quiet. I would make my husband promise not to repeat what I was going to tell before telling him. It's not your fault but this is what happens. I've seen it all before. This is the way I handle it and I'm no expert but it has worked for me.

Sorry this happened to you, try to forget about it and look for a new friend.

Myheart
                        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                        - George Jackson

Comment

Reasons for People

Breez thank you for such a lovely poem.

Bella. I too have been in the situation you experienced, but I too kept quiet telling the culprit I was not interested, if he didn't stop I'd tell my friend, etc.

But you weren't able to do that. So NOW if it were me, I being such a letter writer, I would write my friend. I would tell her how much she means to you and you miss her friendship. I wouldn't mention anything about the incident, such reaffirm your love for her. I would mail it w/o a return address so she will open it type her address if you can.

That's what I'd do. In any event, I'm so sorry you lost a friend due to her husband's beein an ass :l

Comment

Working...
                          X