confused first timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confused first timer

Hello all, my first day being sober. I have lost so much, I have to kick this habit, or just
    give in to it. Don't know where to begin

confused first timer

Everybody gets sober differently John, and you will have to work out what way(s) you are going to tackle it.

Personally I went to my Dr and went on campral, which worked for me, along with counselling, reading books, posting and reading on here, and lots of soul searching.

Others have had success with this program, read the book, hypno CDs and supplements etc.

Still others just go cold turkey.

Just as we all turned into drunks in different ways we have to learn to be sober in different ways.

What have you thought you might do? Will you have withdrawals? Do you need to see a Doctor?

It's all up to you, but you do need to think about what you are going to do and make plans on how to implement your new life.
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

confused first timer

Hi John and welcome.
      Just as Flip has already said, there is no foolproof method to getting sober. We all have to find a strategy that will work for us personally. Some here take the meds, some do not......is all a matter of personal choice and what will work for you. Certainly the supps help me a lot now. And loads of members swear by the CD`s.

Most important thing is to know that you`re not alone.........read and post as much as you can. If you want it enough, you`ll find your way......we`ll all be glad to help you.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

confused first timer

Hi John,Welcome to MWO,

Ditto what Flip and Starlight said, read as much as you can here, we all did it differently ......

All the best .............
        sigpicXXX

Comment

confused first timer

Hi John, you will find your way. Lots of support here. Welcome! Bella xxx

Comment

confused first timer

Hi John :welcome:

Lots of support here, come on in and join us.

Rustop

Comment

confused first timer

Hi John... Welcome aboard!

Take some time and read through the threads. You will find posts that resonate... It will come together for you, as Flip and Star said. In the meantime. Ask tons of questions and stay very close.

Namaste,

MM
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

confused first timer

Hey John,

Giving in to it is NOT an option!

Stick with us and we will do all we can to help - this place is amazing, and has turned lives around - mine for one.

You CAN do this - all you need is to WANT to do it.

All the best

Satori
                "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

confused first timer

You have lots of friends here, night and day, all over the world. You have come to the right place.
                  anemone

Comment

confused first timer

There is much good advice here. I'd just like to add that no matter how you choose to do it, the supplements are a must. Drinking depletes your body of much-needed nutrients. You need to build up your health while you cut out the poison.

Supplements will also help you immensely in quitting, by making you stronger, making you feel better, and reducing the cravings for alcohol. Of course, you need to implement many other things, but whatever your plan, I strongly emphasise it should include a high level of supplementation (see the MWO guidelines). Good luck.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

confused first timer

:welcome: John....you made a great first step by coming here. If you're still wondering how to start I'd agree with Beatle...at least get some supps to help your body heal. At the very least a good multi-vit/min and some milk thistle...both easily available.

Come back here often.....lots of good stuff to read and join in.
                      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X