Failed my driving test today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 months and going for your test is incedibly fast work, well done you. as ss says, you now know what to expect.

roxane

Comment

I failed twice! It's the only way they make money...
      I'm a great driver so don't stress just cry- that's what I did, male cops hate crying women, they 'll do almost anything to just make you stop!

Good Luck tomorrow!
      Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
      Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Hi Limers

I failed first time around both here and in Canada. Felt rotten afterwards but you will be all the happier when you do get it. Good luck next time.

Rustop

Comment

I too passed at 16, but my mother would have killed me if I didn't. She didn't drive and we had to take the bus or beg a ride from relatives that stole things all the time. So maybe you can think of a Big German Mother telling you you'd better pass or else! Worked for me :H

Comment

I will try it hart ,thanks!

Comment

Don't worry about it Limers,I failed 1st time too,on my 18th birthday!!!

Passed second time .....

Keep us posted,
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Another first time failure here, but passed on the second try and I was 42 when I did..
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

You just inspired me, Irish. I had loads of lessons from BSM when I was 27 and when instructor told me to apply to sit my test.........I lost my "bottle" and never applied. Am now 42 and still have no licence. I can clearly recall the thrill of driving a car.........am gonna give it another go. Thanks!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Learning to drive in your thirties is good craic. And I'm right there with you, sister. I learned at 31.

You'll drive like a sixteen year old for the first year, and you'll have a few fender benders, but after a year or two, driving will become second nature.

Here's my advice to you: don't drive anyone else's car. Especially, don't drive your lover's car. Get your own car, and get it cheap. Get a Volvo 240 if at all possible. You *will* wreck your first car. I promise you. If you're lucky, you'll wreck it slowly by backing it into trees and running over trashcans. If you're unlucky, you'll get into a silly accident with someone else and wreck it all at once.

Don't get too excited about retaking your test! If I had it all to do over, I'd have spent far longer in the learning phase with a patient, experienced driver white-knuckling it in the passenger's seat.

Comment

If I wreck my first car it is NOT going to be a Volvo! I cannot afford to wreck a Volvo! :-)
                      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

I failed the first time too, passed all the difficult stuff with ease and then I turned the wrong way into the parking lot returning to the DMV office, automatic FAIL, Ugh! Dont worry I've been driving for 26 years and there have been no serious accidents. It happens to the best of us : )
                        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                        - George Jackson

Comment

Thanks all for your kind words and good luck Star!!

Comment

Way to go Starlight, you are never to old to learn anything, except perhaps if you are in your late ninties then bunging jumping isn't such a good idea.. Just think of all that freedom you will have when you do pass your driving test...

Good luck, Louise x
                            A F F L..
                            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

I might be 90 before I get time to bungee jump, so don't discount it yet!
                              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                              X