X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New chat!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/chat.php

Hi, all. And welcome new MWOers!

We've had numerous reports over the past few months of members being booted off of chat, which may be due to the increased traffic we've experienced lately. For that reason, we're implementing a new chat service, which we encourage you to test. "ParaChat" is a leader in chat technology and an industry standard across the world. We're excited about incorporating it on our site and hope to officially adopt it within the next week to ten days, barring any problems.

It may look a little different, but it's rich in features and we think you'll really like it once you familiarize yourself with all the whistles and bells. We'll leave the existing chat up as we transition over, but here's an overview of the new service:

* The address is listed above; simply click to visit. You can also click the link "Members Currently Testing Subscriber Chat
    " under "What's Going On" at the bottom of the forum home page. We'll eventually link it from the regular navigation bar up top.

* There are two "rooms": a Lobby for all Registered users and a Subscriber room. Subscribers may visit both.

* All users may create a private room if they wish to chat privately with others. Simply create a password and share it with the other individual/s. Please do not abuse this feature. :bat

Be sure and play around with some of the fun options (sounds, avatars, etc.) and let us know what you think. It would be especially helpful to me if you'd post your feedback on this thread so we can review, respond and continue to work out any bugs as we prepare to launch.

Thanks much. I hope you enjoy the new chat!

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

New chat!

RJ I clicked on the link for the new chat and got kicked off the site entirely.
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

New chat!

Well that's not very user friendly...

Will look into this. Were you asked for a password?

Thanks.

RJ
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

New chat!

Quick update

Just to follow up, HappyCamper was able to log on and I had an opportunity to chat with Mags, as well. Lushy was just coming in to visit as I signed off. Thanks, gals--I appreciate your help in testing and encourage everyone to play around with the new system. It's a lot of fun.

One important note--and a significant difference between this system and the other--YOU MUST LOG OUT from chat when you're done or you will appear to remain online. This may cause some confusion for others afterwards who will assume you are still in there.

To log off chat, simply click the button that looks like this when you're ready to leave:

Thanks in advance to those who are helping test!

RJ

Comment

New chat!

I don't get it. How does it work? This is my first time on chat.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

New chat!

RJ,
            I logged on no problem but no one was there.
            But the list of avatars has changed from just a week or so ago. What happened there was one before that looked a lot like me and I thought that was WAY cool !!!

Bob

Comment

New chat!

When I hit "New Chat" on the blue navigation bar, nothing happens. I tried it several times. The only way in seems to be the link that you posted on this thread...

Comment

New chat!

I have the same experience as PinkLady.

Comment

New chat!

Update re: new chat

Hi, gang.

Quick thanks to those of you who have been trying out our new chat. We had a fun get together last night. In fact, before leaving my office for errands I broke my own rule about logging off (see message above) so a number of members assumed I was there! When I returned I found a very active group however, and enjoyed connecting.

Do be sure to click the little red arrows to exit chat. The button looks like this:

To answer some questions:
                  * To start a chat session, pull down "New Chat" from the blue navigation bar above the forum areas.
                  * If nothing happens, it may mean you need to update Java on your computer. You'll find it here.
                  * Some users are reporting that the link is not working for them--we're looking into why
                  * If no one is in chat...well, there'll be no one to talk to. But if you hang there for a while, your user name will appear below in "who's in chat" so just be patient and someone will probably drop by
                  * Yes, the avatars do apparently change, but that's not our doing. I believe the company swaps them out to keep 'em fresh

Please report any feedback--good, bad or otherwise--on this thread. It's probably better than PM'ing me, as our technicians can scan here and tweak accordingly.

Thanks!

RJ

Comment

New chat!

It is not a Java issue in my opinion because this is a new computer with new software and I can use the new chat if I enter from the link. Is the research into the issue only being viewed from the back techy end or has anyone who can fix it gone to www.mywayout.org and tried to repeat the issue we report? Just curious...

Thanks for the effort.

Comment

New chat!

I just went to another site that uses ParaChat and got in no problem so it is definately not a Java issue in my case. I can get in by clicking the link RJ provided or scrolling down and clicking on the New Chat where it shows the names of who is in the room. I can get in the new chat 2 of the 3 available ways.

Comment

New chat!

Thanks!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/chat.php

I think you nailed it, Lucky and PinkLady--there appears to be some sort of problem in the navigation bar link. Until we can get it fixed, please use the URL above or the link at the bottom of the page for "who's in chat."

Thanks, everyone!

RJ

Comment

New chat!

I'm curious....

Has anyone gotten the nav bar link to work?

RJ

Comment

New chat!

yes, the nav bar now works! hallelujah!

thanks!

Comment

New chat!

Navigation bar works now.

Wow - there really is a real codemonkey and I saw him/her! Thanks oh illustrious codemonkey
                              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                              X