just sayin hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just sayin hi

hey guys. hows is everyone? i ordered my antabuse so it will be here in about two weeks. im doing well though. i had a bad night about three weeks ago, and ever since then i have not gotten drunk. ive been out to bars and parties with my bf, and i got the most very buzzed. but definitely not drunk. yesterday my bf was drinking coronas and i easily didnt have one. I'm not sure why. i was very upset about that drunk night three weeks ago which is why i ordered the antabuse. but right now im good. its strange in a way. my bf and i went to an italian place that i ate and drank wine at, and I felt depressed for a few hours after. yesterday i didnt care to have a Corona. i just thought of the down feeling i had after the wine and its probably a temporary weird stage I'm in, but I've been associating the drinking with the sad, boredness-instead of the happy buzz i usually crave. so its been three weeks since a drunk night. im glad. i keep thinking of all these other things that make me happy-tennis, painting, guitar. my few best talents. last night i took a long walk with my friend who lives by the beach. we sat and talked, walked on the boardwalk, and I realized that there are so many other constructive things to do that make a person happy rather than drinking. drinking i know worsens my depression. Im almost sure this wont last. But who knows. I haven't been taking the glutamine or Kudzu, but I take l-tyrosene for depression. i was wondering if maybe that has something to do with me not having a problem the past few weeks. I looked it up and didnt find any information on Tyrosene heping alcohol. I do know though, that yesterday when I didnt crave alcohol, i was in a happy content mood. So that also helped, because I wasnt looking for something to help my boredness/sadness. Ok, good luck guys.
    Colleen

just sayin hi

Hi me145,
    Glad to hear you`re doing well. Looks like the drink is losing much of its allure for you, and like you say, there`s a million and one enjoyable things we can do that don`t involve drink.

Wishing you continued progress.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

just sayin hi

Hello, and I wish for you lots of happy AF days with maybe some new hobbies that will be so much fun for you !!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

just sayin hi

I need support

I had been doing well moderating for a few weeks. Started the Naltrexone, taking the supps, but the last three nights I have drank too much. I feel horrible today. I hate being hung over. It hurts so bad, inside and out. I feel guilty and ashamed and scared to death that I will never be able to overcome this beast. I too have many hobbies that should occupy my time - but the bottle seems to take over and I hate not being able to control it. I pray for the strength to just quit forever, but I don't know.
        ":welcome:"

Comment

just sayin hi

Hi Gourmet,

Start your own thread. You will get a lot more personal replies and support that way. I hope you are feeling better.

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

just sayin hi

Gourmet.. SOunds like you are where so many of us are.. where the drunk just isn't fun anymore... That is a GOOD THING! That is the stage we all strive tol leave behind us. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. I am very happy for you. Picturing you walking on the boardwalk thinking those peaceful thoughts made me smile..

Namste,

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

just sayin hi

Colleen, you are doing great. It is amazing all the time you spend doing things when you are sober compaired to being drunk. I was astounded at all the "stuff" I have to take care of now. It is great to be able to take care of business and not be impaired for a change.

Keep up the good work

bear
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

just sayin hi

me 145 congratulations! it's great that you are aware and ready for changes, good changes
                gourmet so sorry. keep reading, keep posting there is a lot of support and care here

Trix
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

just sayin hi

me145, that was a very uplifting post. I hope you continue in that direction. You sound much more peaceful now than in earlier posts. gourmet, you did start another thread, and that was good. I hope we can all help you. I feel so much for you. Bear, what's with the picture?... is that the message you want to give about yourself? (just kidding, LOL)
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

just sayin hi

Boy drinking sure does increase depression. Stick with it, using whatever positive and negative motivators you can summon up.

It's good to hear you doing well!

Comment

just sayin hi

Beatle, I am still learning just how to use the site! So I did start my own thread. Thank you all!
                      ":welcome:"

Comment

Working...
                      X