Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big Clearout!

Hey, this is great news Bluebell!

As for the two months, that is actually not strictly true. Yes, it is a restricted drug here, but all the doctor has to do is ring (can't remember who it is - it will come to me) and tell them you need it and are in a treatment regime. I've was on it for 13 months altogether. No problems.

Do they want you to stop or not? :-)
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Blue that is great news I am so glad your doctor gave you the Campral and looks like Flip may have a good way for you to find out how to get it for more than 2 months. Keep us updated on how it goes and how you are feeling.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Glad you got your doc to prescribe Campral Blue!
        Marcie

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Wow BlueBell! Good for you! Just want to let you know, I took Campral the first 2 months of going AF. It worked. The only side effect I felt was being sleepy the first week or two. The cravings not to drink kicked in within one day of taking the Campral. As for clearing the alcohol out of your house, I give you a lot of credit. That took a lot of courage and shows a great deal of strenght and determination. You CAN do this. Day 78 for me. I'm happy and am going strong!
          September 23, 2011

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Blue!!

Wow!! You sound ready. Getting the booze out, having your hubby behind it, and having campral in your system. You are on your way!!

You go girl!!

Best of luck. We are all behind you!

Beth (day 9)
            formerly known as bak310

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Hi Bluebell.........so glad you got the campral, and.............stuff his treasured single malt!!! lol

Starlight Impress x

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Thanks everyone!

I started the Campral yesterday lunchtime. Feeling great! No side effects so far though still waiting for the promised runny bum. I won't name names here but the person who told me about the runny bum thing .... did you get your runny bum straight away or did you build up to it? Thanks Flip.

Seriously though, last night there was not even a thought about alcohol. Not one little tiny thought. I didn't think about that I hadn't thought about it until I went to bed! In fact, last night I felt so comfortable and relaxed and had the best sleep ever! I woke up this morning early, went out with the dog, got everyone organised, even managed to check in here before the family woke up! Just what I've always wanted - extra hours in the day!!!!

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Blue I can feel your happiness. Good for you and I am so glad the Campral is working out. Waking up in the morning feeling great and ready to go is a great feeling.
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Thanks Beaches, I do feel happy!

It really is great to be able to feel full of enthusiasm for the day! Instead of dragging myself through it, looking forward to wine o'clock, I am getting excited about all the things I feel like doing today!

:l

Comment

The Big Clearout!

We`re excited for you too Bluebell. Glad you`re feeling so good.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Well done Blue - looks like things are gonna work out for you!
                        It IS great to wake up full of the joys and full of plans for the day ahead!

I KNOW I'm AF now - but a 25 year old malt????? EEEEK!!!! Couldn't you have given it to someone??????

irishlady;196337 wrote:

You'll make it, no worries, after all, you have all of us pushing and supporting you from behind..

Good luck,
                        Love, Louise xxx
                        Yep -that's my hands on your butt by the way Never knew it was so much fun supporting someone. :H
                        Just - please don't tell your Hubby! He will be pretty pissed off already when he realises what you did to the malt!

Love :l

Satori
                        xxx
                        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

The Big Clearout!

I know Satori; the disposal of the single malt brought a tear to my eye too:H .

We're proud of you Bluebell. I can feel your strength coming through cyber space.

Barb

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Yes, I know.

The 25 year old single malt was not just 25 year old single malt..... it was a gift to my husband from his father (now deceased)...... :upset:

BUT GODDAM IT! IT WAS BOOZE! AND BOOZE IS BOOZE NO MATTER HOW YOU GIFT WRAP IT OR SENTIMENTALISE IT!!!!! IT WAS NOT STAYING IN MY HOME!!!!!

Whew, that feels better.

Now Satori, get your hands off my booty.

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Sat, re giving the malt away, well, I was in the mood for throwing booze down the sink and anything that came into my hands that contained alcohol was going down the sink...... the Glen 20 escaped though.

If I had given it to someone, I would have felt guilty because, what if they had a secret alcohol problem and I was "feeding" it? Who knows? Anyway, go and have a lie down and get over it....... The 25 year old Single Malt has gone to Whisky Heaven.:wings:

Comment

The Big Clearout!

Wow,
                                Bluebell that is good reading. I haven't been on here for a while as have been on holidays. I am glad that things are going so good for you!!!
                                I have been doing ok. Started the naltrexone about 3 weeks ago. At the start I decided to do AF and was successful. Then my thinking changed (as it does) and I wanted to moderate. This I have been doing ok. Hard when on hols but didn't overdo it. I am a little worried now that the naltrexone isn't having the same effect and I feel as if I could go back to my old habits. Has anyone else experienced this???
                                Wondering if I should stop if for a while and then start again, so I get that original effect.
                                Good luck to all

Comment

Working...
                                X