Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meditation Mama update... :)

Hi my friends!!

Well, since my first glass of wine 1 week ago after 24 days AF, I have had the opportunity to have a few here and there.. but nothing extensive. I am happy, but still very leary. So, I am still going to remain AF except for a trip to Napa Sept. 27 - Oct 3rd. We won't be going to any wineries this trip - I explained I would rather take in some shows and music/food in the city.. I plan to keep my intake to no more than two glasses per night.. keep taking my supplements and uping my topa from 50mgs to 75mgs (just to be safe). Then I have another trip for my birthday October 11th - 14th. Same plan different place.

I am feeling very good right now! I have decided to go back to the gym starting in the morning and go back to weight watchers online (lost 16 pounds last time), so I won't be able to check in quite as often, but will absolutely stay in touch. I really want to take advantage of how good I feel and see if I can get my body back now that my head is clearing. I really have to stick to no more that the two glasses of wine on weight watchers as that is my allotment and I REALLY want to get in shape now.

After my two trips I will evaluate and decide whether MODS is working, or if I feel I need to return to AF. It is something I feel I need to try. I have no problem going AF, if I need to, so either way it will be OK.

I wanted to share what my daily supplements and meds are just becasue it was so much trial and error and a lot of research!!! This seems to be a really good combo for me, but I know everyone is different. I just thought it may help anyone new that is as confused as I was in the begining...

Morning:
    Multi Vitamin/Mineral Supplement, B-100 complex, l-glutamine (1000mg), 5HTP (50mg) and GABA (750mg)

Lunchtime
    l-glutamine (1000mg), 5HTP (50mg)

3pm
    Topamax (50mgs - I take mine all at once)

4pm
    l-glutamine (1000mg), 5HTP (50mg) and Clames Forte (2 tabs) or Valerian ONLY IF NEEDED

After Dinner
    Bulk Fiber

Before Bed
    Melatonin for sleep (5mg sublingual)

Anyway, this has helped me so much.. that, and all of you. I PROMISE to stay in touch, but the Weight Watchers online and exercise will take up my mornings.. so I will check-in in the evenings!

I love you all for all your support and help - I won't be far...

Namaste,

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Meditation Mama update...

You go girl!! So proud!

Will PM you re WW.
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

M/Mama,
      Sounds like you have a sensible plan in place, and an attitude to match. You won't know about the MODS unless you try. Also, wanted to say I found your SUPPS info helpful.
      Enjoy your trip!
      Kyna

Comment

MM - I wish you the very best....good on you!

Yes, I guess you'll never know about mods until you try. It's where I wanted to be but I haven't got your courage!!!! I will be watching with interest!! (At the moment I actually don't want to drink but I want to be 'normal' again - whatever the hell THAT is!!!! :H )

Good luck to you dear MM; your posts are always so helpful, honest and loving. A big thanks from me!! :l

Love FMF xx
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Have a lovely trip MM (in fact, have two lovely trips lol)...I'm really interested to see how the mods thing goes...still wondering about it myself.

Go for that 'new' body, girl!
          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Hi MM, you have a solid plan in place, well thought out, you will be fine on your trips. Go enjoy and check in with the progress on the new body to match your spirit! :h Suz
            The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Great on you!

I found your supplements regime very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Mine is very different (except the l-glut 3 x day). I don't take any tryptophan because it gives me wild dreams, but I wonder if you take it in the daytime, does it make you sleepy? If not, I will try that, as it is supposed to be so good for your moods.

MM-- we'll live without your morning posts but not without at least one visit a day. Good luck with the super body to go with the super mind!
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Ohhh MM, I just love your way of being you !!!
                You sound so "UP" and you make me smile
                Could you please tell me what 5HTP is? I read the name before, but know nothing about it... I am so looking forward to your progress with weight watchers and your workouts.. I have found that excessive alcohol was the reason for keeping that extra 14 lbs on my body... Your body will "Thank-You" to rid of the excess toxins and drop the weight.. All the best to you !! and a hug !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Thanks everyone - I will be close by.. couldn't live without you all!! i found this in one of Lushy's from back in July.. It was very helpful and was pretty close to what I do on my supps..

Colums, June 2005

MM - ghost writer (cuz she is suppoed to only be checking in at night - HA!)
                  Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hey Nib...

Here is info on 5HTP (NOTE THE NO DRINKING PART WHEN TAKING).. I also drink a lot of green tea, so I don't get tired from it. Beatle says it gives him wild dreams - but I take it during the day..

5-HTP Dosage and Side Effects

NOTE - the not to be taken if you are drinking... neeed to wait for 6 hours. So, if you are not AF, I would only take it in the morning, or maybe not at all..

MM
                    (ghost writer cuz MM only posts at night now)

Comment

Hey all...

Thank you so much for all your kind words.. I am always so touched by you guys and amazed at the friendships I have made here! I won't be far... as you can see already!!!

Anyway, I wnated to share a post that I found from LUSHY back in July... It was very helpful for me. I am not doing all the supps, but iin all my research (and that was a lot) on supplements, this one was the most helpful and kinda put in a nutshell the important supps that I have read elsewhere. Just remember, if you are taking any anti-depressants, please consult a doc first. some are not compatible.... But the article itself is really good. Again, touching on a lot of papers I have read on the subject... Thanks, LUSHY!!!

Colums, June 2005

MM

Comment

Working...
                      X