Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DBT- the best thing I've ever done!

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you all that while I have received the best guidance and support here, the DBT course that I'm doing has bought all the fragments together, for me anyway, and is helping me towards living "the life I want to live" !

If anyone here is drinking because of Post Traumatic Stress, Bipolar, or the outcome of these, Borderline Personality, please ask your doctor for a referral to do Dialectic Behavoural Training!

I can't recommend it enough! It includes practicing 'Mindfullness' Emotional Regulation, and Distress Skills' The things I am learning, combined with the support here is is REALLY helping!!

I'm learning how my brain works, and that my mind is not always my friend, and that our 'documentry' of our life is biased and not the whole story of us. Its all good!

If you want to know more just google, Mindfullness or DBT, and see if it relates.

Combined with what we have here it all helps!

Love jas xxx
    :thanks: :h

Jas, I'm going to look into it. Today is my day to schedule doctor, dentist, hair, etc... appointments. I'm going to ask my doc about DBT and look it up on the net.
    September 23, 2011

Comment

That's great Jas. I've heard a bit about it, and I definitely want to learn more. I am really happy that it is helping you.
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

So is this only for people with bipolar?

Comment

Thanks Pisces - just Googled. I like "Acceptance of reality is not the same as approval of reality".....good for today when I wish my parents were dead. They're unreal but that sentence is keeping my feet vaguely on the ground! I must go on trying to feel ok about thinking (with loads of others) that they're cruel. Reality. Accepting that isn't the same as condoning so I'll try to accept and find some peace.

Thanks
          FMF x
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

What I read this was used for people with Borderline Personality Disorder, I was diagnosed with that some 20 years ago. Maybe I should look into it further
            Thanks Jas
            Mar

Comment

I've never heard of that ... will be googling for sure ... Would love to hear more about it as you progress .... thank you for sharing!

~C
              AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Pics- Thank you for sharing. I will definitely look into it.

Finding my Feet-- (sorry I can't help calling you other names usually)-- maybe you should start a thread on the whole parents thing? It certainly relates to me.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                X