42Cat,

Crossing my fingers with you!!

You can do it, just this one day/night.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

When did my kids grow up? I hate booze.

Thank you!
      AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Good job cat, I too feel like I missed my dauhters childhood. She was 8 when I started drinking and BAM she's 29 now, when I decided to do something about it. We don't have a great relationship. I blame myself. My husband says I was a wonderful Mother. Who knows all I can work on is today. As with you my friend, just today, make it your own on your terms. Today is yours
        smiles
        mar

Comment

Cat, great job. You can do this. We will all be here to help if you need us.

Beatle, I will PM you an answer to your question. This thread is for cat. I am trying to check in from work, so it may be a while before I send it.

bear
          What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
          ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

I too, have drank all of both of my daughters lives. I was mostly a single mom, but my own mother abandoned me, and I will never do that to my kids. They tell me I have been the greatest mother, but I know I have hurt them allowing them to see me drink so much. They are 19 and 22 now and would tell anyone we have a great relationship - I believe that too, but I have so many regrets, I could have done so much more. They support me in my endeavor to stop drinking to excess. It helps that we can all talk about it, but I am still so ashamed.

One day at a time, that is all we can do. At least here at MWO, there are so many of us doing it together. I love everyone! I kept begging God to help me, and he brought me here.

Much love to you cat.
            ":welcome:"

Comment

This is part of an old song my Daddy used to sing. For those who believe, or don't, please find encouragement:

I'm only human, I'm just a man. Help me believe in what I could be And all that I am.
              Show me the stairway, I have to climb. Lord for my sake, teach me to take One day at a time.

One day at a time sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking from you. Just give me the strength,
              to do everyday, what I have to do. Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus, and tomorrow may never be mine. Lord help me today, show me the way, one day at a time.
              ":welcome:"

Comment

Working...
              X