If you blow it after 5 days AF....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If after 5 days AF you have a bottle of wine, but then go back to being AF have you still progressed a little through the 5 detoxing cleansing days, or is your body back to where it was before you even started? (Am trying not to make this too much of a negative self punishment that pulls me right back down).
    Thanks

Hey there Cookin'
    Don't beat yourself up... If crap happens, scrape it off and keep on keepin' On is all !!!
    If you are to tough on yourself, you will actually backslide , and you do not deserve to do that... good for you and recognizing the need to continue the cleansing process...
    Don't think of it as back to square one or anything remotely like that, or don't think of yourself as a failure,,, no failing grades are given here !! Just dust yourself off and continue... spend some quiet time to reflect on why you drank and learn from this experience so that not all is lost from it, but rather a lesson is learned... I wish you much happiness... Be nice to you.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

The body is an amazing thing - who knows what it's capable of. My view is that if you just keep having AF days eventually they will all join up and your body will be singing with happiness!

Keep at it, try not to sweat the small stuff, but work on the big picture.
      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Cooking,

Don't let lapses derail your progress. I have the same issues and have finally gotten past them. Fear of failure, fear of a future without alcohol, etc.

Every day AF is good for your body. Period. It has to be better than every day with alcohol in your system.

Eventually, if you keep on trying, you will achieve whatever your goal is, abs or mods.

If you give up, you won't, it is that simple. It took me forever to figure that out.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

dont beat yourself up....It is all a process....i think the body recognizes and heals from any AF days...you are doing great by recognizing and questioning the process...it all helps you get better gradually...keep it up! Buckle

Comment

I think any A/F day is a good thing. So we had a blip on the radar. We start again. We didn't learn to walk without falling a time or two.
            You'll do great
            Mar

Comment

Yep....5 days is great :goodjob: and I'm sure your body will have made use of it. And your head will have learned that you CAN do af.....now you've just got to practice a bit more! Big smile, back on the wagon, yee-ha........well done!
              Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Hi CookingHappy

Thats right dont beat yourself up you did well.

Comment

:thanks: You are all so helpful

Comment

Working...
                  X