Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Heavy Alcohol Consumption on The Rise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have actually been thinking about this for a long time. at first I thought from my personal encounters with people in New York, that it seems that more and more people are using alcohol heavily, I mostly started noticing it after 911.

From my observations around the city I have noticed more people who are visibly drunk as well as bars filled with people who are not just having one or 2. Seems like it's everywhere.
    and The billboards don't help.
    Of course this is my observation in New York, and New York is a thirsty city as Theodore Rosevelt once said.

has anyone noticed this phenomena in their town or city? I have been looking around for statistics but can't seem to find any.
    figured this is the best place to find out. any opinions or comments?
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

I am not sure if it's on the rise around here or if I am just more aware of it now because I am not one of the blasted one's when I am out anymore. I agree there are a lot of drunk people around.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

New Yorkers are probably experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder to the extreme. Although you guys now have one of the safest states for it's size as it was told on our news last night. (crime wise).

For us in BC, Canada a study was done and it was said 65% of us drink more that is good for us. I am not certain if this is an increase or not, but I am guessing it could be as it's quite a bit more than half of the people in this Province.

Comment

hubby said that a stat that he read said that like one out of every four is a problem drinker. hummmmm and that human beings in general are prone to some kind of addiction: work, food, alcohol, drugs, you name it, we are wired for it. pleasure, oooh now that would be a lovely addiction. hummm. maybe okra...
        :welcome:

Comment

Yes, Okra would be a great addiction for all!

Comment

I've noticed people drinking outside pubs at ALL HOURS, 11am and many people are outside pubs (due to the smoking ban here in the UK) but am I just noticed because I have recognised my own problem????
            sigpicXXX

Comment

I think once we recognize we have a problem the outside worldly drinkers become more apparent. I definitely notice them everywhere all times of the day! Even in the shopping centres. One big thing I also notice is the alcohol fumes coming off of people. Only to think that was me............. UGH!

Comment

MWO membership continues to RISE, so I would say..yeah!

Comment

i actually don't notice that people are drinking so much. i just remember that wow i must have smelled like a big bottle of vodka looking for olives.
                  :welcome:

Comment

Trixie,
                    Among alcoholics it is. But really....their are a lot of problems in this world. It's hard to cope. If you have other baggage then life can really be unbearable ! IAD.
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                    X