What do you drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you drink?

...er.....af I mean! I'm looking for inspiration for an evening drink (cold) that isn't too high in sugar (preferably none at all lol) and would be nice for sipping. I've been using tonic water but the diet one seems full of rubbish and the ordinary one is full of sugar :damn: I quite like bubbly water with a slice of lemon or lime....but I am getting a bit bored with it!

Anyone got any good ideas??

Suze
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

What do you drink?

Hiya

I drink NO ADDED SUGAR Orange & Pineapple cordial, sometimes I break out the sparkling water with it, sometimes I just go with tap. Soda Water and Lime cordial is another favourite, oh and Pineapple juice too ( though not too much as it makes my tummy cramp if I have too much) Too much Information???? LOL

B

Comment

What do you drink?

Suze, I'm glad you posted this because I have the same problem. I like ice water w/lemon or lime (in a nice big wine goblet!) but I'm getting bored too. Lately I've been drinking A&W Diet Cream Soda or Diet Ginger Ale but they both contain aspertame which isn't too healthy either. Before AF I mostly drank water or wine. I lwould like a little carbonation and flavor but want to get away from the sugary tasting drinks. Does any such drink exist?

LZ

Comment

What do you drink?

I like sparkling water with a little pomegranate juice in it.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

What do you drink?

lushy;199228 wrote: I like sparkling water with a little pomegranate juice in it.
          That sounds good Lushy....I think we can get pomegranate juice in UK but it may have sugar added. I used to sometimes like a little apple juice in fizzy water....but I've really gone off it. Phoenix mentioned pineapple juice...wonder what that's like with fizz?

In case it helps anyone else......for a while when I was trying to AF (before MWO:H ) I drank tomato juice with a shot of mild tabasco in it.....heavenly! I don't have it now - I think the tomato juice aggravated my joint pains :upset:

More ideas welcome please!
          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

What do you drink?

a few standout discoveries I've run across:

sparkling water with juice is grand be it pomegranite (the "Lushy") or lingenberry extract (good luck finding it but its good) or any other good juice or good syrup. There is a French company that makes a line of syrups under the label Monin that are exceptionally good!

I also like to make tea and ice it down. Two really good teas I've discovered are

- 'good earth' white/green and lemon grass blend

- 'good earth' organic red tea (which isn't really tea at all, but really good)
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

What do you drink?

Slightly,
              Try non-alcoholic beer. It's a start ! IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

What do you drink?

I have always been a fan of Crystal Lite. It is sweet and only 5 calories per 8oz glass.
                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

What do you drink?

Iced tea with no sugar is always good. I defy convention here in the South, and always ask for "unsweet".

Like Preciouspinot, I recently have started using the Crystal Light for orange in the AM, and the lemonade and cranberry as well.

I sometimes put the pomegranate juice, just a little, in my iced tea, as well, but no refined sugar.

I'm trying a new experiment here recently, and have been putting a little bicarbonate (baking soda) in my water, in an attempt to drive down my acidity. Recent reading about acidosis has been very interesting, and seems like I have more energy and sleep better if I keep my pH more alkaline on the whole.

Neil

Comment

What do you drink?

I recently heard on news radio that studies have found that aspertame is not bad for you. I don't know the names of the authors of the studies, but perhaps you can google it.
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

What do you drink?

IAD;199249 wrote: Slightly,
                      Try non-alcoholic beer. It's a start ! IAD
                      Odoul's is very good. I'm not a beer drinker but every once in awhile I'll have one. I've tried NA wine, it was NOT good : (

Crystal Lite is good as is anything from the Pepsi Jazz series.....tastes like dessert but has only like 1 calorie.
                      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                      - George Jackson

Comment

What do you drink?

Neil, I am very interested in the baking soda idea . A doctor...Susan Lark, is very famous for women getting ph back by downing 1/4 tsp of baking soda per day. What do you use? I think it makes great sense on the surface at least, as drinking too much makes one out of balance....tell what you know?
                        Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

What do you drink?

YoungAtHeart;199330 wrote: I recently heard on news radio that studies have found that aspertame is not bad for you. I don't know the names of the authors of the studies, but perhaps you can google it.
                          QUOTE from a Newsletter I receive:This post appeared recently in a Yahoo! chat group and it may change your mind about using the artificial sweetener, aspartame:

We live in the woods and carpenter ants are a huge problem.

We have spent thousands of dollars with Orkin [an exterminator service]
                          & on ant poisons trying to keep them under control but nothing has
                          helped.

So, when I read somewhere that aspartame (Nutrasweet) was actually
                          developed as an ant poison and changed to being considered non-poisonous
                          after it was realized that a lot more money could be made on it as a
                          sweetener than as an ant poison, I decided to give it a try.

I opened two packets of aspartame sweetener, & dumped one in a corner of
                          each of our bathrooms .

That was about 2 years ago and I have not seen any carpenter ants for
                          about 9 to 12 months. It works better than the most deadly poisons I
                          have tried. Any time they show up again, I simply dump another
                          package of Nutrasweet in a corner, and they will be gone for a year or
                          so again.

Since [first] posting this information I have had many people tell me of
                          their success solving ant problems with this substance, when nothing
                          else worked.

I found later that small black ants would not eat the aspartame. It was
                          determined that if you mixed it with apple juice, they would quickly
                          take it back to the nest,
                          and all would be dead within 24 hours, usually. I have found that
                          sometimes it will kill them, & sometimes it does not.
                          Not sure why, may be slightly different species of ants or something.

Fire Ants: We got our first fire ant hill about 2 weeks ago. Poison did
                          not work. We tried aspartame and the ants ignored
                          it until we got a light rain. It was just a sprinkle, enough to moisten
                          the Nutrasweet & ground, but not enough to wash it away. They went
                          crazy, hundreds of them grabbing it and taking it back into the mound.
                          When I checked the mound 2 days later, there was no sign of the fire
                          ants. I even dug the mound up, and still saw none of them.

How does it Work:

Aspartame is a neuropoison. It most likely kills the ants by interfering
                          with their nervous system. It could be direct, like
                          stopping their heart, or something more subtle like killing their sense
                          of taste so they can't figure out what is edible, or smell, so they
                          can't follow their trails, or mis-identify their colonies members, so
                          they start fighting each other. Not sure what causes them to end up
                          dying, just know that for many species of ants it will kill them quickly
                          and effectively.

As with any poison I recommend wearing gloves and washing any skin areas
                          that come in contact with this poison, & avoid
                          getting it in your mouth, despite anything the labeling may indicate.

More information on this poison can be found at:

Aspartame & Aspartame Poisoning Informational Site

END QUOTE.

After all I have read about aspartame I never touch it now, and I used to drink coca cola light like there was no tomorrow.

I also found I used it as a replacement in the past for alcohol when I was trying to stop-- I was naturally drawn to it. Swapping one poison for another!

These days I try to opt for water.

Comment

What do you drink?

Wow! That was interesting about aspertame as an ant killer. I'm going to read more about it and also about Splenda. I try to find Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda because I thought that was better than aspertame, but it's hard to find. I didn't have to worry about artificial sweeteners when I was drinking wine

I may have to give myself a hypnotic suggestion: "I often crave water --it is the most refreshing and desirable drink for me " (quote from MWO by Roberta Jewell).

LZ

Comment

What do you drink?

Wow! I certainly well remember a huge article from the US a couple of years ago about aspartame being a possible lead to ME type illnesses.... But I truly do wonder how it can be known that aspartame does no harm when it is so 'young'. I prefer to have the choice of avoiding sugar where I can (I don't!!! I must avoid again now...got overloaded since AF-ing!!) as in not eating choc bars etc. and at least knowing that when I have sugar it is well known - it being 100's of years old - to be absolutely fine; it's not a poison but only something that causes problems if over eaten. (Remember alcohol is STILL a poison no matter how little like aspartame!)

Back to remembering that when I'm bored with water I will think of the children in Africa.....

Love FMF xx

PS, if you're not worried about 0.000005% of alcohol join me in a tonic water(non-diet!) and fizzy water (half and half - too sweet for me otherwise) with Angostura bitters in it, ice and lemon with an umbrella in the top...... It's great! Always drank that when I was pregnant. Just don't drink the bitters in one.....it might be 44% proof or something but the roots and herbs would kill you first....hmmm, wonder if they're a poison too.... but a 'natural' one anyway!!!
                              :heart: c: :heart:
                              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                              X