What do you drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you drink?

Thanks Det.... I'm glad about that!! Um, must cut the refined carbos tho.... not enough structure to the house eatig plan...my daughter and I out and about too much.... you know, the never know who's in when.... Now you sound the man to know.... How long do I have to leave the slice of egg plant (aubergine yes?) to 'weep'....? I've never known and someone said they can be toxic without...? (We're not so up on egg plant in the UK!!!)

Hey, I found some 'proper' pomegranate jiuce here today.... suddenly remembered (UK guys) to try our German friends Lidl's and Aldi's (european supermarkets springing up all over the UK for our overseas friends!!) for some different things.... great!!! Lots of different things to have or concoct from!!

(Hope the knee gets better soon Det...)

Love FMF xx
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

What do you drink?

not to worry on the eggplant...you can use it right away or salt and let it weep for half hour or more (although I never bother). Yep same as aubergine in Italian it's melenzani

oops, I've managed to hijack this thread and turn it into the food network...

nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

What do you drink?

My daughter makes an awesome "pizza" out of a portabella mushroom as the "dough" and toppings on top of it. It is really yummy and tastes sooo good. Sometimes she puts turkey pepperoni on it and sauce with cheese, olives, etc. whatever you feel like.

Low carb, good for you AND tasty.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

What do you drink?

Cndi - I read 'portable mushroom' without proper glasses!!! Sounds good though - don't know we 'do' them here in the UK??? Sound HUGE!?!?!
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

What do you drink?

Mr Sainsbury has those portable mushrooms, FMF, although they do vary in size.

I never salt aubergines....I read that the varieties that are grown these days don't have the bitterness of the ones we used to grow....so ok to use them as they are. Although some folk think that all those veg in the deadly nightshade family (potato, tomato, aubergine and peppers) are too acid-forming and cause problems. I dunno! Must go looking for that thread about acid/alkali......I've been reading an interesting book about it....but am feeling a bit confused.

I'm still trying the suggestions for drinks...thanks, everyone! Nice cordial of raspberry and mint...it does have sugar but I made it very weak and it was good

Suze
            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

What do you drink?

I am going to have to tell my daughter about the "portable" mushrooms. She will LOVE it.

:H

You guys are a lot of fun.

Drinking plain old H2O tonight. However, I do have ICE CUBES in it.

This hotel REALLY SUCKS.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

What do you drink?

ice cubes! yes...they really help! When I can be bothered I put ickle things in the tray when I'm freezing a new batch....borage flower (that used to be for Pimms LOL)....little bit of strawberry or lemon. Haven't done it for ages....I'm going to to do that again! I wonder if you could freeze cordial and have a flavoured cube in some nice bubbly water?

What else could go in the ice-cube thing? Pomegranate pips? No, Flip.....not chocolate chips.....

Suze
                Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Working...
                X