Ban on All-You-Can-Drink Specials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A ban was just passed this week near me on All-You-Can-Drink Specials. It may help prevent college kids from drinking to excess if they have to pay more and they don't have the money.

Hopefully it helps prevent those so young from getting caught in the alcohol trap. I think the main goal is to reduce drinking and driving.
    Marcie

I so agree Marcie - Yes, stop DD (DUI) but STOP this throwing booze down kids throats stuff full stop.... I find it really scary to think how so many of them might be in 10 year's time... It seems to be becoming a way of life to think it's cool to be spewing in the gutter every night.... waaaay beyond studenthood...Was it always thus or am I just getting old?!? (For all my misdemeanors I never did that - can't stand puking!!) And the booze aisles in stores...? Just how much longer and bigger can they get?!?! What else are they going to stick alcohol in.... we've already got it in tea!! SMA (powdered baby milk) shots - only 37% proof?!?!?!!?

Trouble is when the taste is found, how many, not being able to drive, find a late bus (none here) or afford bar prices, just go home and pour cheap supermarket stuff down their throat in lonliness and boredom...? (erm, speaking from cringingingly embarrassing experience...!)

Why is this stuff promoted as 'cool'? (Pot - kettle - black, I know!) Do you think it'll be like fags one day... used to be on TV and now banned nearly everywhere? Shame things are promoted so heavily so that folk lose (a) their perspective and (b) their choice when things then have to be banned...

Hugs
    FMF xx
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

We don't have this, thank Dog! I can't imagine what it would do to people's drinking habits!

How much do you pay and what do they offer?
      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Flip, ususally less than $10 cover charge and that pays for beer/drinks for most of the night.
        Marcie

Comment

Blimey - that's like lining them up against the wall and shooting them?!?! Crazy!!

Comment

Yes, it`s disgusting!!!............Govts. happily raking in all the tax on booze, whilst the N.H.S. here is strapped for cash as it stuggles to fund treatments for avoidable illnesses caused by overindulgence in alcohol.

And the drink promotions in the supermarkets make me sick.........deliberately encourages people to drink to excess........it`s high time there was proper legislation to deter people from wreckless drinking.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Listen to you go - talk about the reformed!
              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

I can't agree more. All-You-Can-Drink. OMG!! I didn't know such things existed!!

Glad Wisconsin wised up, maybe other states will follow. College kids don't need that kind of promotion for Pete's sake.

Cindi

Oh well. Nuff, gotta get this tired lazy butt to work. Have a nice day, all!!
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Am heading along to my local "guilty as charged" supermarket now.........well, just as soon as I`ve added the finishing touches to my placard!!! lol

Comment

To have it in the first place was bordering on the insane, I wonder how many people have suffered as a result of these nights, thank God they're banned.

Sue

Comment

It doesn't stop a bar from running a different cheap special though say $1 drinks or something like that.
                      Marcie

Comment

The thing I keep wondering. Why do they ban cigarette ads on billboards and tv, etc, but not liquor ads? I mean both are legal, both can kill you? So why is one allowed and another not? Any thoughts?

Comment

Um, am I guilty....? Do I wish that I could have had the same 'offer' - No actually, I don't!!

Progress? Or just wasn't 'my bag' ? At least I'm not salivating at the thought! And I think I would still have thought it wrong 5 months ago - some sort of difference between secret shameful sipping knowing you want to stop and having gallons of it flung down your neck in the interests of the 'economy' and advertising magnate's 200' yachts while you cheer at the 'cheap' price.... Slow murder.

Love, Happy Pot...!!!!

I so agree Hart!

Comment

Yes, what were they thinking in the first place? That was a situation just begging for trouble. Glad it is banned.

Comment

More shocking, they just did a DUI crackdown from August 17th - September 3rd in Wisconsin. Almost 900 citations for DUI. Freaking scary!
                              Marcie

Comment

Working...
                              X