Ban on All-You-Can-Drink Specials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is scary. All of those 'Alumni's' and the way they party in the states! Holy crap. Not saying we don't have the same problems in Canada but I don't really hear much about the problems of college students drinking here. I am glad they banned the all you can drink. Although it may cause other problems now like 'underground' drinking.

They should also ban all you can eat LOL!

Comment

Several years ago I was manager of a liquor store that was about a mile from "the biggest party school in the South" campus. You wouldn't beleive how much booze we sold, especially when there were football games. In fact, on game nights, the grocery store next door (same company as the liquor store) had pallets of beer kegs in hte front of the store and a checkstand that did nothing but sell the kegs. We'd sell over a hundred kegs on game nights.

And here's what pisses me off - my daughter always wants to listen to the pop radio station. Well, it is obviously geared toward college age kids, because in the evenings the DJs talk constantly, all giggly, about going to clubs and getting messed up, like perpetuating the idea that this makes them cool and to be cool this is how you should spend your evenings.
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Oh... and here.... they always have on our local radio station people sampling/drinking alcohol in the morning - and this is almost daily during the week at 8am!. Talking about how cool it is. All of these new drinks etc.... Even on our new on Saturdays they have this lady who does what is new in cooking and is always smacked drinking the booze on air. These things are being ingrained into our kids heads that booze is OK. Makes you kind of wonder why so many have problems with alcohol.

Comment

Totally. I worry so much about my daughter - with having my family's genes (long line of serious alcoholics), being an emotional person and a sugar-lover (which they say can lead to heavy drinking, replacing booze for candy in young adulthood). She surely doesn't need to get messages from all angles saying this is the way to be cool.
          AAARRRRGGGGG
          I don't want her to lose so much of her life as I have, nor to have to go though this struggle to be free.

Comment

wow guys. all of New York City is a giant party open all night. outside the clubs after 3 or so you see young girls puking on the sidewalks outside clubs. people drunk as h%$%$ll. outside bars making noise.
            but this is supposed to be NYC. no wonder why people go straight from just having a couple to being at home alone drunk and desperate.
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Trixie, you just reminded me of my early drinking years, early 20s... we'd stay at a bar til it closed then went to the 'bottle club' where you take your own booze or beer and buy it back (since it was after 2am and they couldn't actually legally sell booze). I don't know how I made it to the bottle club all those nights, much less home from the bottle club at 4 or 5 am. So many times I went to work the next day still totally trashed. Whew... hadn't thought of all that in ages.

Comment

Wow - puking on the sidewalks in NYC? Gosh. HONESTLY they need to make alcohol illegal again.

It was quite the same when I lived in Las Vegas. I didn't drink then, but man.... the promo's for drinking.

Comment

I think a ban is great. I remember in college paying 10 bucks and doing the bar crawls! There would be about 20-30 bars and you'd get free drinks in each one. They would hope you would just stay put after a few and start paying. I never made it to the end and was always a mess.
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                  X