Anyone up for a UK meet???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all.... just wondering how we're doing on this? BB, hope you're OK and Kerrie's doing OK? Don't want to seem to be 'nagging' - just wondering before booking train tickets etc....? You know, practicalities and all that...

But it would be great if it happens....!

Love FMF xx
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I am looking into tickets for that date... also hoping to meet some "old" friends while over there (used to live in London many years ago), so hoping to co-ordinate that.

Thanks FMF, but I think I'll pass on your enticing creme brulee offer.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Oh well....I offered....some people...Ha!

Good-oh, I'll be able to have it ALL!!!

Hope your planning works out, Beatle! (Takes ages doesn't it....backwards and forwards with phones, emails and timetables!!! We'll probably meet mid-timetable!)

Love FMF xx

Comment

meeting

Hi you all,
          Just came across this today.. Are you people still going to meet up on the 10th of November???
          I'm not sure yet what my work schedule is but i'd love to meet up with you if it's still on.
          Please let me know. I really could do with a day out without alcohol. (going for my 30 days AF from the 1st).
          Finski

Comment

Hi, I'm still up for it, 10th November, COvent Garden?? I don't know London very well but any locals got a good venue in mind ?????
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Hey! It's getting close! I'm bumping! Keep it up! Can any London bods clarify an obvious place to meet in the great cafe that is all of Covent Garden!?!

Love FMF xx

Comment

Oh come on guys .... Organise it !!! Time is of the essence.

(.... The rest of us are waiting for your jovial report and pics ....)

Comment

And I expect pics without masks...

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Yes, we are being rather British about it aren't we!!!!!!! "After you...." "No, no, after you...!" "No, no I insist...after YOU!!" "What do you think?..." "What do you think...?" Aaaagh!

OK - later - running for a bus in a moment (FOR a bus...not LIKE a bus....or maybe...? :H ).

We'll let you know!

Love FMF xxx

Comment

db2fromala;216772 wrote: And I expect pics without masks...

Cindi
                      that's really what we all look like in NY:H
                      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Ok, I will definitely be there, as will FMF ..... approx 1pm

Where????? Haven't a clue........ any londoners give us any ideas ......
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Hey me too.
                          Just checked out the train times.1pm is great.All we need is a venue.Amelia can you help?xx

Comment

Bumping up again - London bods...any help on venue??! I know there used to be an obvious cafe/bistro area right in the middle of the 'shopping area'...sort of outside yet undercover... there's street entertainment (very good!) there too... but I'm awfully out of date now!... but just Googled .... Covent Garden Life in the heart of London - your indispensable guide to the area - book hotels, restaurants, theatre and opera tickets online - loads of eateries...The Market is where I'm meaning; intriguing little shops surrounding the eateries with live music/entertainment going on...

Amelia, Gargy? Anna - are you able to come along? Any ideas?

Yellow carnations = bad idea! Any others? But if we can book somewhere (or definitely decide on a venue) we can have a name for a table so as people can ask the waiters when they arrive....

We just need this 'ere venue....!

(Of course, we could always 'do' Tea at The Ritz.....as you do.... looks very nice...click on it perhaps?....then get a new mortgage!!!!!!..................?36 per head!!)

Comment

Hi Guys

I am not sure yet re London meetup as I think I will be in Brighton with my stepdaughter. Don't eat In Cov Garden more a Soho and North London bod on the rare occasions I eat out! There is an Italian place in Cov Gdn that my Italian Conversation group use-can't vouch for it as have never been but they say it is good and you can have a meal there for ?10-?15 pounds. You'd need to check out whether its open at lunchtime.
                              It's called Cafe Mode
                              57-59 Endell Street, Covent Garden WC2H 9AJ
                              Hope this helps!

Anna :h
                              IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                              Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Hi There Folks,

I go down to London fairly often and "Ponti's" in the heart of Covent Garden would be a fairly good place for everyone to meet. Once you had all assembled it would be fairly easy to find somewhere else, I HOPE!!!!

Have a great time guys!

Rauol

Comment

Working...
                                X