I'm packing my bags!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm packing my bags!

We're off on holiday this weekend....going for a nice relaxing time, not doing much for two weeks. I've decided that this is the time when I try moderating.

It will be Day 40 when we set off. I know that I want to try moderating, because that was my initial goal. I am sure that I must not/will not ever again drink to medicate bad feelings - fear, anxiety, anger etc but I want to see what it feels like to have, say, one glass of wine with a meal and leave it at that.

The funny thing is, it really does feel like an experiment....and I don't feel excited about it at all. I think I'm hoping to lay the ghost of thinking alcohol is fun - I think it's going to make me feel tired. I also want to know if I can stop at one drink. But I am expecting to come back ready to join the Abs thread.....if you'll have me :H Or to confess all and start at the beginning again. Either way - I'm so glad you're all here. :h
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

I'm packing my bags!

Suze, have a lovely time ........ I'm jealous ........
    sigpicXXX

Comment

I'm packing my bags!

Suze, you will be missed. Have a wonderful time. Here's to moderating well!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I'm packing my bags!

SS,

I look forward to hearing about your success!

Comment

I'm packing my bags!

Dancing Girl!

Have a wonderful holiday, eat, sleep.......relax.

Lots of chocolate too!

m. xx
          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
          I am in the next seat.
          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

I'm packing my bags!

:beach: Have a great time Suze-have you packed the lentils?

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the mods experiment-I too am curious to know how the first drink would taste after 32 AF but wary,wary! Don't want to spoil a good thing! Anyway if you get bored you can always talk to us via an internet caff!

:wavin: byee for now

Anna x
            IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
            Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

I'm packing my bags!

Suze - really enjoy yourself...and if that includes glass of wine with a meal....great.

I shall be really interested to hear how it goes...you and I have the same goal. One glass with a meal only and laying that ghost..... I haven't dared (124 days!!) but then again I haven't had the sort of opportunity to try! Waiting for that holiday or dinner date!!! (Don't want to drink on my own ever again!) But I know what you mean about it being an experiment! I too, would be posting first (will be!!) so am sooooh with you.

Have a lovey time though and if it's going to spoil it by worrying about it it's not worth it! Have water and try another time! If it's too much, we're here and open arms are here! Remember, YOU'RE in charge not the wine!!!

Love and hugs
              FMF xx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I'm packing my bags!

Sorry, that might come twice - aaagh - pootas...... grrr!)
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I'm packing my bags!

Suze, have a great time? Where are you going to? If I can make it to 40 days I think I'll never touch a drop again - my best was 6 days so far. You did great. Have lots of ice cream to.
                  Jessie
                  make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

I'm packing my bags!

Have a great time. You can do this!

Comment

I'm packing my bags!

I've just got to tell you all this....I went to get the groceries for our holiday (we're staying in a rented cottage) and went to the wine aisle to get some bottles for my moderating experiment. It was so weird....I didn't feel at all excited. I bought one bottle of white and one bottle of red - spent more than usual on each one, hoping to get nice quality. Thought....that will be enough. Then went to the soft drinks bit to look at cordials, juices etc.....got REALLY excited there! I found a pomegranate/bubbly water mix...can't wait to try it. Who would have thought it, 39 days ago LOL???

When I got home I told my husband I'd got one red and one white...he said he thought two boxes should be enough...............:H
                      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X