Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candida

Hi all,
    Last night I remembered that I have a health condition that I've been avoiding facing for years because to overcome it requires absolute abstinence from alcohol. I have no doubt that I have systemic candida. If you don't know what it is - it's an overgrowth of yeast in the body and can wreak havoc on one's system. Symptoms are various and wide ranging, including sore joints and muscles, fatigue, depression, anxiety, bloating, digestive problems, headaches, cravings for sweets and alcohol, etc etc. Not many conventional doctors recognize the condition, but it is for real. I have a couple friends who in the past worked very hard to get over candida and the change in their lives has been miraculous.

So - now I have yet another reason to stay AF. I've been wanting for years to deal with the candida, but haven't because I had not been ready to stop drinking. (Alcohol and all sugars must be avoided, because the yeast feeds on sugars and to get rid of the yeast you must starve them).

It will require a very strict diet for several months and certain natural supplements to overcome. And now, finally, thanks to my confidence that I can now get sober, I am sure I can get rid of the candida and feel alive and good and happy (and thin!!).
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Candida

Way to go, MOW. You sound very determined to beat this, and I'm sure that you can do it. What a great new life awaits you when you are finally feeling WELL!!

:l :l
    Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Candida

Hi - Good for you. Alcohol is a good way to avoid dealing with these issues - I'm pretty sure most all of us here have one thing or another we are avoiding. You have inspired me.
      I have dealt with several problems ...but not all of them. I need to keep moving.

thanks - formerly imatree

Lisa

Comment

Candida

MOW, good luck to you on your quest. You are doing what is best for your body now. I will be pulling for ya!
        Smiles
        Mar

Comment

Working...
        X