Overwhelmed with life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwhelmed with life

LUV, you know I agree with everything everyone else has said.....I said when I got the cancer thing, after loosing my Dad, being a single Mom, remarried, blah, blah....that God doesn't give you more than you can handle...but I said...He Might Be Trusting Me Toooooo Much....!!!!! You have had more than a fair share of crap.... I guess I always try to look for any silver lining, so mine for you is, that God put you HERE WITH US...for a big reason....if you hadn't gone off the diving board into the deep end of the wine pool, we'd have never met you, and you'd have never had a chance to be such a HUGE INSPIRATION TO SOOO MANY HERE...you are my hero! Heck, I even want a polka-dot dress! (grin)..... That said, and maybe being selfish for having you here....as a single Mom, I have absolutely NO IDEA how you do it with 2 kids and a dying Mom, and company....I don't, seriously...and it HAS to be depressing....I know you are on the topa, how 'bout upping the LO to 3 x's a day, it sure helps me with feeling balanced, and level, and gives me energy too...God knows you need energy....I hear "tired" all over you! I think you do need to seek out a support group, and you need to get Hospice in the house...your Mom has stopped treatment, I know you are waiting for tests, but you need HELP.....or all the relatives need to pitch in, your Mom's HUSBAND....and everyone involved, need to hire you help, with everything involved in taking care of her, and the house she resides in with you, and ALL...There's no need for them to go about their day as usual, and your life is upside down....no need....You cannot be and do it all....you know that! You have to get some relief, not alcohol, cuz that'll be worse, but relief....however you have to get it....call your stepdad, have him take a leave....surely understandable....I don't know all the solutions, but you need to take the bull by the horns, and get your relatives to help...and they need to get a hotel room too...or, they can stay and take care of Mama at the house, and you and the kids go to a hotel, or B&B, or cabin someplace, and chill out, let them HAVE THEIR TURN at doing the caregiving..... You have to be here a long time, you can't let this pull you down, if you get sick, its all the worse, all the way around....WE LOVE YOU....I completely understand...and if anyone has a reason/trigger, its you, but we are going to HELP YOU THRU THIS....we need you too....again selfish, but I gotta be selfish for you too, you are our main concern....call me anytime!!!!! Try upping the LO, let me know if you need more...or need anything, I'm here!!!!! And remember, you are my hero, and I'm your biggest fan in Texas!
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

Tex you make me cry! I always KNOW in my heart when times are getting rough, to rough for me to hanlde alone, I can come here. MWO saved my life 6 months ago. I would have never been able to stop drinking if it weren't for this site. I am happy here! I just bury myself in the threads.

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

Luv,
        Yeah, for sure try to get someone to help you out. I know its hard to ask people for help but you need a break. I'd be screaming my head off at everyone if it were me. And drunk to boot. Sometimes it feels like drinking will give you a little vacation but we sure pay the price. Remember how it was. You can get through it. love bird

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

:h Hey LUV,
          :l :l Sending you big hugs...

Ditto on what Tex says, (as well as everyone else)
          You need a break, and you mean so much to so many...

I' be keeping you & yours in my thoughts & prayers.
          :l
          Judie
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

LUV, everyone here has given you so many great words of advice and I think it's so true that you need to give yourself some time to breathe and catch up with how you are feeling and to just give your mind and body a rest. Ask for help from family, friends or whoever can help with your Mama for a little bit.

Take care, hugs to you! I wish for you, peace and calmness right now.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

So sorry to hear about your situation

Luv, hearing your situation with 2 kids and mom puts my puny problems in perspective. Everyone has already said the right, comforting things to you, but I'll add that I'm pulling for you, too. Is hospice an option, or is it much too soon? :new:

Everyone bear with me while I learn the protocol for this group, ok? BTW, what does AF mean?

Juniperbelle

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

AF means Alcohol Free

LUV- we would all gladly do anything we can to make it easier for you. I am sorry life sucks @ the moment but it would suck more if you were drinking.

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

Hi luv- so so sorry - I would take my turn to help if I were nearby!
                  I'm glad you came here and let us know what was happening. You need a rest. Even a weekend.
                  I will wish that for you. And I'll say a prayer for you and for your mom.
                  Take care of yourself in anyway you can - including not drinking.
                  Love -
                  Lisa

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

LUV, it is very difficult to be a caretaker and a single mom. I appreciate everything you're going through. Love and hugs to you always
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

hello luv. you are such a magical woman. i know you are having such a hard time holding it all together. you are there for so many and really girl you need to take care of you. so ditto to all of what is being said. tex is right. that is what god invented hotels and bed and breakfasts for. your company needs to be staying in them. someone needs to come cook and clean for you. you need to go and get a massage. your mama needs hospice NOWWWW. and you need to be getting rest. i hear tired all over you. please up the l.o. because the topa actually at 200 makes me tired and depressed. and well these hormones off aren't helping my depression one fricking bit. i swear to god if i don't get these hormone replacements soon i'll just go nuts. i couldn't even get out of bed barely. so girl you know what--- it would be okay if you checked your self into a day spa for the day. everyone would think better of you if you got luv bug pampered. self care would be perfectly fine. you deserve to be taken care of as well. pleasse promise bootsie you will do this.......
                      :welcome:

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

Hello Luv - just a (quieter!) post to say still thinking of you and your Mama and kids...

I hope it's feeling a little better for you today - have you been able to hatch any plan? I know how overwhelming even that can be; yet another thing to think about...but I pray that life's helped in that one by giving you a bit of a break...something nice out of the blue...

Hugs and thoughts from me
                        Love FMF xx
                        :heart: c: :heart:
                        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

Luv - not a lot of time this morning - just a little :l to remind you to stay strong. Hang in there - sorry things are so tough.

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

Thank-you everyone for your love and support like always! I will survive!!! When times are hard I always know I can come here and post and lean on my friends!

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

the girlie dogs have decided that they have been in obedience training for so long that surely they can cook, clean and entertain for you. so i'm drop shipping fajita, poipu and lula bear. fajita can of course cook mexican and is learning how to clean. not so good i'm afraid she is more about sleeping all day. poipu is great with hawaiin food an an excellent house cleaner. lula bear is a great watch dog and well is a great entertainer. she will stay up endlessly all nite and lick your face she would also appreciate it if you would read her and the other two girls stories. she likes classics. cheers.

Comment

Overwhelmed with life

oh i didn't think about this. magic just said on the other thread that she will send her two collies but they need poodle cuts as it is hot there. um well the doggies are chow chows and black ones at that. and 85 lbs. so can you give them new lion cuts when they get there? they will be awfully hot otherwise. actually can you just hook them up with little hat fans that attach? now, fajita she is a dumpster dog i found on a beach in mexico. sorry no green card. so she is fine. although she has no papers. she is illegal. please don't let george send her back across the border. we would all be quite devastated. lmao. i've had her in integration training for sometime. english is of course her second language. she can surf though. so she can entertain you again for hours. i take her on my board all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X