THE DRINKING DREAM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE DRINKING DREAM.

i had lots of strange dreams last night. one of them i'd walk into this bar and saw an old work friend and his brother. i used to go to school with his brother, he died 4yrs ago aged 34 from alcoholism. anyway in the dream i was really shocked and pleased to see him, he was pleased to see me and we hugged. i can't remember what we talked about, but after about 5mins he said he had to go but he couldn't walk because he was so drunk. he kept falling over and trying his best to get up, it was so sad to watch him, then the dream jumped to my grandma who died when i was 16, but it was like she'd not died, i just hadn't been to visit her for a long time, it was so good to see her and i could actually feel her arms around me. god, i'm crying now, don't really know where i'm going with this. dreams are strange. whats weird is that i had the same dream about visiting my grandma last week only this time it was more vivid. i think mine was a warning and my grandma is watching me and is worried.
    i really don't want to drink anymore.
    thanks for this thread Irish Lady :h
    love want
    xx
    AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
    There's fire in your eyes,
    Bite me, excite me,
    I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
    Brings eternal flame.
    Open me to heaven,
    To heal me again.

Comment

THE DRINKING DREAM.

Hmm - I've not had any drinking dreams yet either!
      Maybe it comes later in the healing process like Xtex said?

Yep - the mind is an amazing place!
      Louise - your dream was probably triggered by your year AF "celebrations" bringing the subject closer to your consciousness again.
      (TOTALLY COOL achievement BTW Er....Dude!)

Cooking, I'm fairly new to this AF lark compared to Louise - but I now also (well - 99.99% ) know that I can't moderate either.

It is easy for me to stay AF because part of me is actually afraid to drink again!
      I know deep down what will happen if I do.

Luckily - the craving for alcohol has almost completely gone away - but the fear of ending up "back there" hasn't!

Mind you - altho I have not had any drinking dreams - I did wake up recently with a really sore head (dehydration due to too much nonsense at the gym!!) and my FIRST thought was

"Oh Dog! - How much did I drink last night???"

Love

satori

xxx
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

THE DRINKING DREAM.

cooking, I learned the hard way too just as irishlady had said. I tried to moderate my drinking several times over the last couple years and ended up on a binge. I am classified as a binge drinker who in turn develops this need for alcohol in order to function then I cannot function. (If that makes any sense).

Once I figured out it was in my best interest not to drink anymore I was OK with it. I like feeling healthy. The way I was ingesting alcohol was making me very ill and probably would of given me an early death sentence.

I love the freedom AF brings me. I like whom I am becoming and am welcoming my self esteem and self worth back with open arms. Although there have been some pretty severe emotional hurdles to overcome over the last 9 months it was worth dealing with them instead of drowning them.

It is a personal choice whether to moderate or completely abstain. You will know what is right for you as you go along. All the best!

Comment

THE DRINKING DREAM.

Accountable for Me;203572 wrote: ..........edit
          I love the freedom AF brings me..........edit !
          Accountable - that is the exact same word I use - freedom!

fre from stress, anxiety, lying, feeling cr*p, undrperforming at work, - free to drive any time day or night. The list goes on and on!

Great - ain't it?

Satori
          xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

THE DRINKING DREAM.

You know I'm going to invent a new phrase here and say that I am no longer AF, but from now on I am going to be AFFL----- ALCOHOL FREE FOR LIFE.. How's that then??
            A F F L..
            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

THE DRINKING DREAM.

I love it Irish! I am going to be AFFL as well!!!

Comment

THE DRINKING DREAM.

Bloo*y Hell Irish Lady!!!!

Stopit whydontya!!!!!

You just keep on raising the bar (no - not THAT bar!)

I thought "I'll never manage to be AF for 30 days like Irish lady did"

But I eventually managed that - Phew!

Now I'm having to think thoughts like I'll never be AFFL like irish lady!!!!!

So what is the next level?

Taking up Hinduism and becoming A.F.F.S. L. (Alcohol free For Several Lives)???? :H

Satori
                xxx

Comment

Working...
                X