Update on Kerrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on Kerrie

Hi all, for the newer people here I will start at the beginning ....

My daughter Kerrie is 10, and has epilepsy.

She was born by emergency c-section and suffered a bleed in her brain at birth, at 3 days old she had her first seizure and we were told that she might not walk, talk, etc. etc . but as most of you are aware she has developed perfectly.

Over the years the seizures worsened many of them needing emergency medication and sometimes an ambulance. They hit their worst last year when she was having 2-3 every week. The consultant we see referred us to a Neurologist, and then a neurosurgoen last january who did an MRI scan and decided that they could operate and remove the scar tissue in her brain that was triggering the seizures (strangely enough at this time I turned to the bottle). They operated last august which was very scary, and she had no seizures for 9 weeks then they started again but only 1 every 3-4 weeks so we were quite happy, however the Neurosurgeon said that he is still hopefull of a total cure and want to operate again.

The appointment for the MRI scan to determine whether or not they can operate is next Friday, and as she had 3 grand mal seizures last night we are hopeful.

Here are some pics so you know what she looks like

2 hours after the op last year

Dressed up for a wedding this year.

Love & Hugs all, BB xx

Just to update you all, we see the Neurosurgeon on Friday to discuss a further operation on her brain ............ It's really scary stuff ..........

Don't need a reply to this, just keeping you informed .......

sigpicXXX

Update on Kerrie

I appreciate the update BB. I have been wondering. Please continue to keep us posted. You know you and your family have our support.

xo

Comment

Update on Kerrie

It breaks my heart seeing her laying there in the hospital bed. No child should ever suffer in any way. Thanks for keeping us posted Betty! You and your family will always have our support - always! :l

Comment

Update on Kerrie

Keeping you and Kerrie in my thoughts and prayers!

Comment

Update on Kerrie

BB,

I had no knowledge of this and am truly sorry for what you are going through. I wish you and your family all the best and I am amazed that through this you have managed encouragement and great help to others (I especially include myself here). Another person who I have never met yet today feel the need to say - if I could I'd give you a huge hug!

Comment

Update on Kerrie

Betty - thank you so much for bringing us up to date..... so much going on for you and, yes, here you are thinking of all of us here and posting so much support...thank you so much.

I am so thinking of you all.... 3 seizures last night...?? Oh!...

Prayers winging their way North East BB.... lots of love from Cornwall...special healing air!

Love FMF xx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Update on Kerrie

How awful! I can't imagine what you all went through. How does she cope with it? Poor little mite. She must be so courageous. I hope with all my heart that everything goes well. Please keep us updated.
              It was nice to see the photos too. Everyone here is so real, but invisible.

Comment

Update on Kerrie

Hope all goes as you wish with the neurosurgeon on Friday, BB.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Update on Kerrie

ALWAYS in my prayers BB...ALWAYS!!!

Comment

Update on Kerrie

Hi Betty

Hi Betty,

Praying for Kerrie xxx
                    Praying for you too xxx

Will be thinking of you all this week as Friday approaches.

Take care lovey

xxx

B

Comment

Update on Kerrie

I will pray for Kerrie and you. It's so hard to see a child suffer - when it's your own, I can't imagine.

PS: It was very considerate of you to include some background for the newbies, thank you for sharing.

Comment

Update on Kerrie

My thoughts are with you hon. Wishing for the best. I feel very thankful my epilepsy is controlled. And that I had it as an adult, not a child. :l

Comment

Update on Kerrie

BB I have been wondering what is the latest news on Kerrie. Thanks so much for the update. You know Kerrie has so many Godmothers and Godfathers here who love her. Please tell her that. She is always in our prayers as are you and your husband. Don't forget to take of yourself also. :l
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Update on Kerrie

Thanks so much for the update Betty.
                            I say a little prayer every morning when I take my meds,(with Kerrie in mind) hoping someday there's a cure...:h

I never want to scare my Hubby again ... like I have. (or anyone else)
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Update on Kerrie

Sending massive amounts of positive energy your way BB... My prayers are with you and your family..

Don

Comment

Working...
                              X