I'm away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm away

When you're ready, we're here for you. You are close. I think we finally make a committment when the pain of drinking is more than the pain of quitting. Keep checking in with us, MM.

Comment

I'm away

Marcie,

When I was working on my dissertation I had to stay in a hotel because the university was so far away. I would get a Priceline hotel for dirt cheap for Friday and Saturday. As I had just finished my teaching job on Friday, I would bring wine to the hotel and get right trashed because my brain was not wrapped around work. On Saturday and Sunday I would work. Don't feel so bad, Marcie - I did this for about a year and half at least twice a week!!

You will be ready again soon. Big hugs, Pansy

Comment

I'm away

Marcie,
        I blew off a confernce and stayed in my hotel drinking wine and watching movies... sad. I agree with Don... it is about timing & I guess we all know when is the best time for us...
        Look forward to getting to know everyone better!

Baby
        Day2AF

Comment

I'm away

Hi Marcie, yes done that too and all the excuses as to why... at least you recognise you are doing it (first step apparently). All the best.

L
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I'm away

yep...been there....taking a special bag to carry the bottle or box in with me, hoping no-one would see......hiding it from the chambermaid in the room.....

Marcie, it's harder to fight the thing when you are away from home, especially because you can't distract yourself with stuff around the house....hotel rooms are so boring!

Pick yourself up, don't fret about it.......move on!

Suze xxx
            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

I'm away

Suze -- what is your avatar? Is that a dancing piece of chocolate?

Comment

I'm away

BabyGirl;205103 wrote: Suze -- what is your avatar? Is that a dancing piece of chocolate?
                Lol...well spotted BG!:H

See...it's dark and handsome, moves attractively, has interesting dental work and is 85% cocoa, no dairy....so my tiny mind says yes I can eat it.... lots of it.....while my thighs scream back at me 'No, no, please...no more!'

WHEN I have tamed the beast I will take on his wicked offspring, Sir Choco of The Deep

(actually, come Oct 15 I am going cold turkey on both of them.....I have taken on board the sugar problem and I think that cutting it out will really help me with being AF) (and my thighs agree...... )

Suze xx
                Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

I'm away

I didn't drink much the rest of the trip.

Finally made it home at 3 am this morning. Our plane was late and we missed our connection and had to rent a car and drive home about 3 and a half hours.
                  Marcie

Comment

I'm away

Hang in Marcie. Hey I'm glad you got a job.

I really like what Chief said -- I think it is true. I can also see how just a little sobriety feels so good that it builds on itself. I have a ways to go..but I feel I'm fianlly on the path...

Comment

I'm away

Glad you didn`t just decide to carry on drinking Marcie. Sorry you had the long drive home.
                      Onwards and upwards you go.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                      X