I'm Not Going in There!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neil, you are an absolute inspiration, WELL DONE YOU ......
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Neil...thanks for this thread.....it makes me remember the truth that there is no such thing as 'just one' drink for me.....one just breeds like rabbits LOL!
      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Good job Neil.:goodjob:

I'd just like to say that, thanks to this program I was able to stop & enjoy one drink @ bar with friend after work last night.
        We fed racoons on the deck, I helped her finish vaccuming(I was wide awake, as I'd just gotten off work myself)
        Thanks to this program, I can have one & enjoy it, then go home.

Now I'm gonna have to be super vigilant..or that's going to come back & bite me! Can never be too cautious!
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Neil,

I know that I am just a "newbie" and not even an accomplished AFer. However, I do recall a conversation my hubby and I had about two years ago.

He used to travel a lot with a colleague. Whenever they went out, and sometimes it was to um er "Gentlemen's Clubs," his friend would not order alcohol. My husband finally asked him about it and he told my husband he was an alcoholic. My husband felt bad about asking him to go to places where alcohol was served.

He told my husband he could go anywhere, into bars with people who were drinking, etc, without any worry about "slipping" but he told my husband it did take him years. He still remains AF and does seem to be very casual with his attitude about it and not bothered when around others who are drinking.

Just thought I would share that, for whatever it is worth.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Well Done, Neil...Well Done...

It shows us that you are successfully 22 mos AF because you stay focused and in charge of your life and your choices everyday. Why would you put yourself in a situation like that when you didn't have to. The Beast was giving you one of it's best shots, my friend, and you nailed it!

Good Job, my hat goes off to you..

Don

Comment

Congrats Neil, on your sobriety!

I have so much respect & admiration for you.
              I don't think you give yourself enough credit for your strength.

Just speaking for myself...I feel like I have a new freedom. A freedom of choice. I don't have to "buy into" old beliefs, that have been the standard for way too long.

I do stop & have a drink after work on some nights. But not all of the time. And one IS enough. I know I have to drive 10 mi.. and I also want to feel good in the AM...

I also work in an invironment serving alcohol... It is a fact of life, for most of us, like it or not.

I guess I'm rambling here... just seeing both sides of the coin. I aplaud you, but this is not an AF world...

I just thank God for free choice...
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

great stuff Neil!!!
                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Neil,
                  What I love most about your story is that you still delivered your idea to your boss but you did it on your terms. What power!!!!!
                  Thank you for another inspiring post.
                  Janet

Comment

Hi Neil,

Why put yourself in a difficult place if it wasn't necessary? It wouldn't be courageous, it would be foolish. Good for you for thinking of a creative way to deal with it. You are getting very good at thinking quickly to outwit "drinking Neil". Well done, my friend!

:l
                    Kathy
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X